Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nit Picks & Wish Lists for $150k+ Boats

The Hulk

23 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

umm yeaa like exactly like that but with red-lighted switch! haha. where did you get that? thats sweet..

oh but i think for $150k the back rest should have heater option as well. maybe get one of those new car style switches that offer bottom/back or both for heat...

well now that i'm at it for $150k perhaps there should be AC cooled seats as well like the newer cars!

It's from a 2017 G23 I was on a few weeks ago and it's a great option - probably better than a heated captain's seat! Both the seat and back rest are heated.

Now an option for cooled seats would be a home-run in the southern states.

Just now, NWBU said:

It's from a 2017 G23 I was on a few weeks ago and it's a great option - probably better than a heated captain's seat! Both the seat and back rest are heated.

Now an option for cooled seats would be a home-run in the southern states.

and this was only in the pass seat correct? however on the G, the back and seat are all one unit right? as the whole bottom and back part flips up, where the Bu's have separate back and loose seat. 

3 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

and this was only in the pass seat correct? however on the G, the back and seat are all one unit right? as the whole bottom and back part flips up, where the Bu's have separate back and loose seat. 

Yes, this was the passenger seat and I didn't think to look for the captain's seat heater switch. You're right - that seat is all one unit.

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, TCdave said:

How about a rudder position indicator on the touchscreen. I can't tell you how many times I go to pull a skier up and... well you all know the rest.

Idle for a few feet before you punch it. Or it's about one and half turns from center to lock. 

• Like 4
13 hours ago, TCdave said:

How about a rudder position indicator on the touchscreen. I can't tell you how many times I go to pull a skier up and... well you all know the rest.

Might be stating the obvious, but I learned this trick long ago: in lieu of an indicator, just turn full right (or left) and then go back about 1-1/2 turns.  Mine is actually 3-1/2 turns lock to lock, but I have a "suicide knob" (which I highly recommend,) so full lock puts the knob at about the 4 o'clock position, I then go counterclockwise around once fully and then to the 9 o'clock position.  With the knob it takes 2 seconds and after a while you do it subconsciously...

14 hours ago, TCdave said:

http://www.boat-project.com/electra/rudder.htm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FFDDSP6?psc=1

I LIKE IT!

rudder-angle.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
On 10/5/2016 at 10:17 PM, TCdave said:

On 10/6/2016 at 1:05 PM, The Hulk said:

You guys are creepy.  I just came to this thread for the first time to post this idea, thinking I was the smart one.   The sideways slalom takeoff happened to me yesterday.

Edit:  I wasn't driving, but was in the water.  Caused my head to get wet on the pull up!  In 45 degree air yesterday morning, I was cold!!

Edited by Badger
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:17 PM, TCdave said:

or just hold the wheel loosly as you power up so that it can self center.  My wife has gotten really good at that trick as the boat is taking off typically to the right.

• Like 2