Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nit Picks & Wish Lists for $150k+ Boats

The Hulk

On 9/22/2016 at 6:43 PM, DarkSide said:

One pair of Rev 10 fits, 2 pr do not, without funky brackets.  Yes 1 pr better than (4) 8".   Area, 10" circle has roughly 2x the area of 8" cicle.  So mid Bass is way nicer with 10's.  

I agree with @dppendar i like the mirror on observer windshield.

Yes your really expensive trailer wheels are 18's.... Base wheel is 14"... 14" wheels on 150k boat....when will the insanity stop!

Subfloor ballast, though getting much better still needs to be 3500+ on the 24/25 footer's.    I believe most don't go ninja is simply because they haven't tried it!  Once you go ninja,  there is no going back!  

New ninja bag problem, remember posts about windshields splitting apart, my 950 mushroom bag no longer leaks at all so I pushed it, , spread the chill ax walkway apart and so the windshield frame in both sides. New rule yesterday, leave windshiekd closed to judge fill stop, still haven't checked for upper shell damage, non present outwardly

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Which connector is needed?. Software looks sooo windows 95!! 

The can bus connector 94029. And the software looks like most mechanic software, simple and functional without a lot of garbage on screen - just data.

3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

The can bus connector 94029. And the software looks like most mechanic software, simple and functional without a lot of garbage on screen - just data.

need a windows tablet now! would be fun to watch it while driving to find "true" RPMs and also watch GPH etc.. 

2 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

need a windows tablet now! would be fun to watch it while driving to find "true" RPMs and also watch GPH etc.. 

Might be a little tough to watch while driving unless you have a long usb extension or someone else is driving.  The canbus diagnostic connector is off the ECM in the engine compartment - at least it is on my 2012.

You should already be seeing "true rpms" since the ecm is where the data is coming from for your digital dash.

Edited by oldjeep
Just now, oldjeep said:

Might be a little tough to watch while driving unless you have a long usb extension or someone else is driving.  The canbus diagnostic connector is off the ECM in the engine compartment - at least it is on my 2012.

You should already be seeing "true rpms" since the ecm is where the data is coming from for your digital dash.

i didnt see a screen that shows digital reading of RPMS only the Gauge? i remember there was a screen on my 2013 i think you could get a number read out on RPMS but havent checkedon the new 2016 dash or didnt find it easily. 

29 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

i didnt see a screen that shows digital reading of RPMS only the Gauge? i remember there was a screen on my 2013 i think you could get a number read out on RPMS but havent checkedon the new 2016 dash or didnt find it easily. 

On my 2012 I think it is on one of the cruise control screens

4 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

On my 2012 I think it is on one of the cruise control screens

right, but i didnt see it on my 2016 although i havent looked too hard either but flipped through some different views and didnt see any read out just the gauge display i'll check again this weekend but am pretty sure there is not

I am going to add a couple that I am not sure why we don't have on boat that are supposed to be luxury.

1. TPS on all our trailer tires linked via bluetooth to your phone. Kinda important that we have enough air while towing these 5klb boats.

2.  We all about have backup cameras on our trucks. Why not add one on the back of the trailer and once the trailer lights are hooked up automatically turns off our truck camera and turns on the trailer camera. 

• Like 3

For everybody complaining about the G4 anchor light... there's a reason Malibu/PTM designed it that way.  It accommodates the Z5 bimini cover, which sits much higher than the CS bimini.  Therefore the extension pole was necessary.  If they hadn't done that, somebody on this forum would be whining about why the anchor light doesn't work with their $5K bimini top.  LOL

As pointed out, it's an EASY fix for the rest of us.  @Cory fixed this on his '15 VLX like the day he took delivery.  I think he might have even procured the light before taking deliver, and he had one of the first G4's of anybody on TMC.  My point is... this isn't worth complaining about.  

• Like 2
Just now, IXFE said:

For everybody complaining about the G4 anchor light... there's a reason Malibu/PTM designed it that way.  It accommodates the Z5 bimini cover, which sits much higher than the CS bimini.  Therefore the extension pole was necessary.  If they hadn't done that, somebody on this forum would be whining about why the anchor light doesn't work with their $5K bimini top.  LOL

As pointed out, it's an EASY fix for the rest of us.  @Cory fixed this on his '15 VLX like the day he took delivery.  I think he might have even procured the light before taking deliver, and he had one of the first G4's of anybody on TMC.  My point is... this isn't worth complaining about.  

looking at photos what is the advantage of the $5k z5? i guess i dont understand what it does over the normal bimini? the normal one is able to hold 2 surf boards on top easily. is the only difference that it tilts up/down? apart from looking ugly whats its big advantage?

Just now, The Hulk said:

looking at photos what is the advantage of the $5k z5? i guess i dont understand what it does over the normal bimini? the normal one is able to hold 2 surf boards on top easily. is the only difference that it tilts up/down? apart from looking ugly whats its big advantage?

I don't know... some people like it, I guess.  That wasn't the point of my post.  

On 9/23/2016 at 0:00 AM, dppendar said:

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/5580

this is the light... get rid of the light pole on top.  mounts flush on the tower.

does the metal round pedestal come off as well or does this light mount on top of that? would be nice if that pedestal comes off so the light can be right on top of the G4? wont be to the boat for a few days so wondering. 

the problem is i see myself going out for an evening ride, coming back into the boat lift forgetting to take it off and ramming it up into the top of the boat lift. if i can get this light and if the pedestal removes then id be fine and possibly lowr than the pedestal itself. 

post.jpg

33 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Hulk, did you really pay $150K for your 25 LSV...?  

Damn! :cry:

I  doubt he was $150k, however I doubt many '17's will be sub $130k,  and there will be a few that do cross the $150 mark.    It's not too difficult to get big boats up to 190-200k MSRP.  

G4, 575, stereo, that's 30K in options right there. Add some flake, gatorstep, and some helm options... your well on your way to 200k

55 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

I  doubt he was $150k, however I doubt many '17's will be sub $130k,  and there will be a few that do cross the $150 mark.    It's not too difficult to get big boats up to 190-200k MSRP.  

G4, 575, stereo, that's 30K in options right there. Add some flake, gatorstep, and some helm options... your well on your way to 200k

Thanks guys...

FYI, I know he didn't pay that much for his 25. Nobody does and certainly not a guy who buys a demo. It was a joke. And yet he started the thread and titled it "$150k+ boats..." 

That was kinda my point. Not only did Hulk not pay that much, but neither did ANYBODY in this thread. 

Thinkk straight, talk straight... 

• Like 2