Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Morse MV 3 throttle install

KYfreeride

I need to replace the throttle on my 2003 sunsetter. Am a novice working on the boat and am interested from those with experience as to how difficult this throttle replacement would be and if there are any sites for instructions. Many thanks for any advice 

2 minutes ago, KYfreeride said:

I need to replace the throttle on my 2003 sunsetter. Am a novice working on the boat and am interested from those with experience as to how difficult this throttle replacement would be and if there are any sites for instructions. Many thanks for any advice 

It is just 2 cables.  I've had one off before and don't remember it being particularly tricky.  The manual should come with a new throttle, but I think this is it

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mv3-e_instruction_manual.pdf

edit - no wires

Edited by oldjeep

I just replaced my throttle cable that snapped. It was pretty easy. There's 2 cotter pins on the back side of the "pivots" at the end of the cable.  Just remove those and unscrew the pivot from the cable, then the cable end wiggles out of the a**'y.