Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass vs. Speedo discrepancy?

Noticed something odd on my new-to-me 2004 LSV this weekend.  My speedo and my perfect pass differ by 4-5mph.  GPS speed indicated by cell phone is almost dead in the center of the two ranges.  

My PP system looks like this.  Not sure if it's stock.  Is there something I need to adjust to "calibrate" these two? 

fILgL3H.jpg

There is a speedo calibration screen where you can modify it.  Looks like Wakeboard Pro but the splash screen should say when it fires up

Take a look in the manual

http://perfectpass.com/sites/all/themes/perfectpass%20-%20Copy/images/wakeboardpro2005.pdf

Just bear in mind that if you are on the river that it is never going to be correct comparing paddlewheel to GPS

Edited by oldjeep

@Fffrank:  You will need to calibrate both units as you noted both seem to be off on either side of actual from your GPS reading.  When you start your calibration process on the PP, make a note of the actual settings, there is a number that pops up on the speedo calibration screen, should be a PW number in small print near the speed desired number (I have PP 3 event so may be slightly different) so that you can go back if you mess up (which is pretty easy to do BTW).  For me, the whole calibration process is inverse to what I expected so be aware of that in case we are on the same wavelength when thinking on how to adjust.  Also, it was not obvious when I made changes (before I realized to watch the PW number) that the system was actually taking the changes until it was too late and I went outside the limits and ended up with 0.0 as a reading on one speed.  You have to calibrate for each set speed and it adjusts in increments of .1 mph.  Once dialed in it has worked great for me and stayed spot on.  There are several manuals on the PP website, you can go through a few of them to learn about the system, I found that looking over several provides different insight and information nuggets on the system.

Your Malibu speedo also has a calibration button, IIRC, it is simply a press and hold type operation to get it to adjust or calibrate to a correct speed display.