Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T22 Bow sac

NMG1973

Has anyone used a different bow sac than the Fly High one that is designed for it? I see other options with either more weight or cheaper price, or both. We have a 2017 coming in the spring and just wondering if there are other options that have worked? I have a buddy giving me his 750's for the lockers, but I would really like to go 900 instead...........Thanks in advance for any good advice.

I went with the straight line sumo. Seemed to fit really well and is usually cheaper. Neither bag will fill completely. I estimated I got about 500 lbs. Which locker bags? Sumo or Flyhigh? I had the sumo 750's and upgraded to the 900s. If you go with the 900s you're probably going to need more bow weight. Also, the prior year sumos hold a lot more then listed. The 750s are more like 850s and the 900s are more like 1000. This year they changed the capacity listed but the bags are the same size as prior years.

• Like 1

Agree with @teamerickson -- go with the sumo bow triangle for under the seats.  It's smaller and is less likely to get pinched or folded up.  The space under the seats is very very small and you are unlikely to get the sack more than 1/3 full anyway.  If your tow vehicle /  use of the boat would allow, I'd think you'd be way better off stuffing that area with lead to be honest.  I don't do that because I trailer a lot and don't want the added tongue weight.  I do have an additonal 150 in lead tucked up there, but even with that I've also plumbed in a supplemental bow triangle sack to sit on top of the seats to keep the bow down while surfing with 900s in the rear.

If the 750s you are getting from a friend are fly highs, make sure that they are the ones with ports at the bottom on either end of the sack.  Some only have ports at one end and they won't work with the Axis PnP setup.

If I had it to do over again, I'd go with the sumo 600s in the rear instead of the 900s.

• Like 2

Great, thank you for the info! I believe the 750's are the Fly high if I remember right. He had a 2011 A22 that they were in and has had them in storage since he sold the boat last year. He has the bow sac for the A22 also, but I know it won't work right in my T22. The plan is to have the boat on a lift all summer so lead would probably be an option. I just want a great surf wake. I stopped wakeboarding a few years ago (to old for the abuse lol) so mainly surfing, but I have a 9 year old step son that is getting into boarding, obviously don't need the boat loaded for that tho.

• Like 2
On 9/20/2016 at 10:55 AM, NMG1973 said:

Has anyone used a different bow sac than the Fly High one that is designed for it? I see other options with either more weight or cheaper price, or both. We have a 2017 coming in the spring and just wondering if there are other options that have worked? I have a buddy giving me his 750's for the lockers, but I would really like to go 900 instead...........Thanks in advance for any good advice.

I added this weekend 2 150 straight line big bags on sale with handles and manual pump on top of bow cushions and I can port stack them with rubber straps to grab handles and it totally renovated to @shawndoggy style both my lesser regular wave to taller, longer more push and better lip and foam ball and my already awesome big but short goofy to long pushy and perfect lip a couple inches shorter in height with lower bow than just my 950 locker and since your locker may hold less, the placesable 150's make for easy side adjustments for me and wife when alone for both wake leveling for riding and wave improvements for surfing. When I reroute drains for my rear 850's I'll get even more rear fill and going with a 3rd 150 next year on cushions after  the drain improvement to rear pnp's

i trailer plenty and would never use lead, love  these small placeable bags better than a triangle in top of cushions as many do cause small 2016 bow lockers.  And since you don't have the mushroom bag poking up through bow hole for sac fill or air burp, the bag stacking or layout won't totally ruin your bow, , my middle cushion has to be placed up and off bow floor cause of this creating small problems placing those bags when the mushroom is full for surfing, wakeboarding it doesn't have that cause we use stock center and not bow locker front,  and easily evening the wake lip for the rider  is nice, I was moving to center chill ax seat to drive to even wife's riding wake lip on port side as my weight throws it off at her slower wakeboard speeds and her weight doesn't affect my port lip as much and at higher speeds my wakes are more even but it still lowers the nose for riding and that's good for short driving wives

Edited by granddaddy55
On 9/20/2016 at 11:47 AM, NMG1973 said:

Great, thank you for the info! I believe the 750's are the Fly high if I remember right. He had a 2011 A22 that they were in and has had them in storage since he sold the boat last year. He has the bow sac for the A22 also, but I know it won't work right in my T22. The plan is to have the boat on a lift all summer so lead would probably be an option. I just want a great surf wake. I stopped wakeboarding a few years ago (to old for the abuse lol) so mainly surfing, but I have a 9 year old step son that is getting into boarding, obviously don't need the boat loaded for that tho.

The axis Stock package with wedge and maybe a little bit more in rear pnp with 300 more bow weight, just bought 150's, is a great beginner to intermediate wake, wife is older than me and she is wakeboarding that package doing 1 wake airs both toes and heals first summer riding, she skated for 5 years no airs

6 minutes ago, NMG1973 said:

Smaller movable bags would definitely be a good option also......thanks for throwing out another option!

On sale from wskemskers paid 185 for two and slower straight line pump, though it's not that bad, max sumo pump would be nice but not worth $100 more

13 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

The axis Stock package with wedge and maybe a little bit more in rear pnp with 300 more bow weight, just bought 150's, is a great beginner to intermediate wake, wife is older than me and she is wakeboarding that package doing 1 wake airs both toes and heals first summer riding, she skated for 5 years no airs

I can't speak to the A20 (have never ridden) but the T22 empty is more than enough to go wake to wake both ways.  No need for a big wake if all the rider is doing is jumping one.  Waste of fuel IMHO.

• Like 2

The only wakeboarding we will be doing is my 9 year old step son and he is just starting so I won't even be filling the ballast for quite a while. I used to love to go boarding, but enough slams to the face at a certain age you decide that making it to work to pay for all of this is more important! Lol

18 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I can't speak to the A20 (have never ridden) but the T22 empty is more than enough to go wake to wake both ways.  No need for a big wake if all the rider is doing is jumping one.  Waste of fuel IMHO.

Maybe but we have to go with g23 guys and if we aren't there in the beginning we have to ride the full package with people , we use it as a training ground, and yes the 35-3800? Axis a20 does need all that for a great wake, it's what the boat was designed for and its perfect for a pro level wake skater as just a talented guy who never rides skate was throwing 2 wake air 180's and it looked like this without front bags:

And then balancing out when just driver before bags:

I think that is a minimum wakeboard wake, 1st was three in boat and full package not perfect balanced at 19.5, second is perfectly balanced with me on chill ax seat but slower for wife at 18.4,

has gotten even better with bow sacs and now I don't have to be on chill ax seat to balance load when alone, now with 150's I sit in drivers seat with almost perfect side to side balance and we're adding just a touch to the pnp rears this  past weekend to go with the 150's, and short wife loves the lower nose for both riding ( she wants to be sitting back and relaxing to see) and now when riding she is consistently throwing 1wake airs ties and heals for a few couple miles comfortably and safely  as a 1st summer beginner

surfing when she drives with our custom boost seat on top of regular seat cushion at least for surfing and her toes are still tip toe and she's pushing some with toes to sit and see when she was almost standing before to look thru the low point on pickle fork. she now wants 3rd bag to get the last 35% better that was 65% better per her, 

Edited by granddaddy55
On 9/27/2016 at 8:15 AM, shawndoggy said:

LOL yeah man we are going to have to agree to disagree about that.  Your wife has no business riding with ballast -- or at least zero need.  With proper technique she should be able to get the same 4-6" of air off of the empty boat's wake.  

Really don't like that ballast do you? Again it's what the boat is designed for, i guess you have no clue what its like to land in the flats do you? Me I like the flats and after my confidence returns from my broken leg , I'll be out there and tell ya bout it

Edited by granddaddy55
13 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Really don't like that ballast do you? Again it's what the boat is designed for, i guess you have no clue what its like to land in the flats do you? Me I like the flats and after my confidence returns from my broken leg , I'll be out there and tell ya bout it

Huh?  What does boosting into the flats have to do with getting 4-6" of air?  Are you saying you want to go to the flats or you don't?  I mean I don't think your wife is going to be worrying about airing it out into the flats anyway, whether the ballast is full or empty.  

I mean my excursion was designed to tow a heavy load but I don't drive around with a 10000 lb trailer hooked up all the time for no reason.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

I think you may have totally missed the point of SD's post

• Like 3