Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfed behind a M235 sunday.

carguy79ta

Our dealer, Stateamind in St. Louis, had a couple boats in the water at Grafton IL so my wife and I went up there.  I asked if I could bring my board ...said sure.  I will post up a video later but the wave has an enormous amount of push. 

it did happen...

all hard tanks at 3400 (?)

550s in the rear.  

700 lbs people

wedge was deployed but did not know how much.

the wave was not dialed in , we were on a river, first time on a river for me.

also there was a lot of power in the flat part of the wave.  I was venturing further out there than I can in my A22.  (I do surf with 4000 ballast in the A22). A22 boat and ballast weighs 8000.  m235 boat and ballast weighs 10500 with room for more ballast. big difference.  we were going about 8.4mph up river then we went 11.xx down river. the down river did not clean up, we did not have time to mess with it.

I am convinced it is all about weight.  weight of boat ballast people tower speakers etc. the more weight the beefier the wave.  

I would love to try the M235 on a lake.  the general manager(Andrew) was driving and our salesperson(Gary) was throwing me the rope. Had fun!

Edited by carguy79ta
had to upload a video
1 hour ago, smooky said:

wave looks really washy... quite disappointing for a 200k boat... My 2010 Vride which was 4 times less expensive created a better wave.

I believe this is due to the river. Every other picture, video and review of the wave was not anything like this one. 

I am going to have to give Andrew some crap on that one.  He has been surfing this boat most of the summer and how much dialing does an M235 really need??  Wish we could have made the event.

1 hour ago, carguy79ta said:

wedge88 you can give him crap, I can't because...well...I was the one getting the free pull.  would like to see this boat on a lake.

Already done!  He just needs to give me this boat for a day and it will come back dialed...