Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

So apparently the Response will be put through its paces next week Monday the 24th at the AWSA trials to become an approved Towboat. 

Hope we see it soon after. Guess that depends on if they are shooting film for its release shots this week or if they are waiting till after the AWSA tests to do it. 

Either way the suspense is killing me. 

Edited by Dacon62
16 minutes ago, Dacon62 said:

So apparently the Response will be put through its paces next week Monday the 24th at the AWSA trials to become an approved Towboat. 

Hope we see it soon after. Guess that depends on if they are shooting film for its release shots this week or if they are waiting till after the AWSA tests to do it. 

Either way the suspense is killing me. 

Hard to think photos won't come out after the trials. With cell phones and competitors someone will get some shots! 

• Like 1

Be patient just a bit longer folks. As someone who has had his eye to the keyhole for a long time I can tell you that it will be worth the wait. My boat sprays 1st week of December and I couldn't be more excited. You folks will not be disappointed. Keep watching the usual sites. Your almost there.:yahoo:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Malibu Mike D1 said:

Be patient just a bit longer folks. As someone who has had his eye to the keyhole for a long time I can tell you that it will be worth the wait. My boat sprays 1st week of December and I couldn't be more excited. You folks will not be disappointed. Keep watching the usual sites. Your almost there.:yahoo:

:clap: So are you telling me I may  be upgrading... Oh No.... more $$$$$ lol...:whistle:

1 hour ago, Malibu Mike D1 said:

So Malibu has disclosed sufficient details to enable prospective buyers to order one if you've signed an NDA?

• Like 1

Looks like the wraps are starting to come of the '17 TXI, a few 'seen it' comments on BOS.  Different MC style windshield, easy to use ZO display, CC 200 style step over transom to platform, slightly wider beam and the obligatory great wakes comments (trick and slalom).  Hopefully, some additional skier comments and pics will surface soon.

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, Woodski said:

Looks like the wraps are starting to come of the '17 TXI, a few 'seen it' comments on BOS.  Different MC style windshield, easy to use ZO display, CC 200 style step over transom to platform, slightly wider beam and the obligatory great wakes comments (trick and slalom).  Hopefully, some additional skier comments and pics will surface soon.

I was hoping for integrated ZO Controls. Can't say I am excited about the windshield or step over (assuming it eliminated rear storage). 

20 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I was hoping for integrated ZO Controls. Can't say I am excited about the windshield or step over (assuming it eliminated rear storage). 

What makes you believe that the ZO wont be incorporated? As far as the step over, I am pretty sure that Malibu has thought it out well and has made provisions for the storage issue..  (If the rumors are true)

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, Malibu Mike D1 said:

What makes you believe that the ZO wont be incorporated? As far as the step over, I am pretty sure that Malibu has thought it out well and has made provisions for the storage issue..  (If the rumors are true)

My ZO comment was intended to be a positive as it is on my wish list of items when I heard the boat was being re-designed.

And that would be great for rear storage. We also use our TXi as our afternoon boat to enjoy the lake with friends so the rear storage is huge for us.

32 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

The BOS comments were about a closed bow that was seen. Wonder if they will have the step over for the hard core(closed bow) skier version and something similar to the rear lounge/storage of prior years TXi for the open bow, more family version?

Different molds can't see why not. 

Edited by Dacon62
1 hour ago, Woodski said:

I know it's personal preference, but I'm really not a fan of the MC windshield.  Is there a purpose to that design?  It seems like it would be easy to hit a body part into that corner.

1 hour ago, powbmps said:

I know it's personal preference, but I'm really not a fan of the MC windshield.  Is there a purpose to that design?  It seems like it would be easy to hit a body part into that corner.

Talking to rider in the water and grabbing skis.    

1 hour ago, River Monsters said:

Talking to rider in the water and grabbing skis.    

I think I'd hurt myself if I tried pulling a ski out of the water from the driver's seat.  Spotter usually does the grabbing.  Oh well.  Progression.

ahopkins22LSV

I would never let the driver grab my ski from me. He needs to be paying attention to driving the boat lol. And all I can picture is the ski swinging into the side of my boat gouging the hull and messing my fin up. Also IMO talking to people in the water is a non issue with the current TXi windshield. Unless you are from the shire...

8 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

:(

I'm with you.  Not liking it at all.  Why no trunk?  It's not that hard to climb over onto the platform.  Flat nose as well, correct?

Looks like someone ran into the mold when it was curing and Malibu decided to use it anyways with that nose.  And the paint pattern makes absolutely no sense to me at all.  The days of great looking DD ski boats is behind us I guess.

Response LX(r) '99-16

Response LXi '03-06

Sunsetter LXi '99-04

MC 197 (until the new ProStar)

Those are the best looking boats ever IMO.  This thing is...  weird.

• Like 2