Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

15 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Aren’t they only allowed to run the approved prop? Or props for sanctioned tournaments? Either way this sounds like a malibu problem not a dealer setup problem. Dealers aren’t there to root cause design issues. If the boat isn’t due to a design issue which this sounds like it that is on malibu. 

And what do you mean what do they want out of it? They aren’t asking for anything in return? Typically it’s good get the Boats out there even though it costs the dealer time and money to run promo events. Obviously this year didn’t go as well for them as the Boats seem to have a design issue. 

good point on the limited approved props but, if it's running the best approved prop it seems that would have been included in the feedback, not forcing zo to an "A" setting.

i really didn't intend to throw shade at tommy's but, because of other tmc threads discussing renewed hopes because of the change in ownership, i was just adding another data point.  perhaps less said would have been a better approach.  i don't have any substantial complaints w skiers pier and this has been my only contact w tommy's.  

re "what do they want out of it?", i get that the promo is a loss leader for the dealer but i have to believe that the dealer is hoping to boost sales by providing a demo boat.

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, tvano said:

good point on the limited approved props but, if it's running the best approved prop it seems that would have been included in the feedback, not forcing zo to an "A" setting.

i really didn't intend to throw shade at tommy's but, because of other tmc threads discussing renewed hopes because of the change in ownership, i was just adding another data point.  perhaps less said would have been a better approach.  i don't have any substantial complaints w skiers pier and this has been my only contact w tommy's.  

re "what do they want out of it?", i get that the promo is a loss leader for the dealer but i have to believe that the dealer is hoping to boost sales by providing a demo boat.

I understand your intention, but to me this has nothing to do with the dealer as it isn't just the boat they sent out for tournaments per the reports from UW and Woodski. If it was just the boat they were taking to tournaments I would support calling them out to make it right. I have no problem doing that, ask the local Jeep dealer - I'm sure my name is flagged :lol:

Edited by ahopkinsVTX