Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

interesting. If they go with a real closed bow then it is cheaper, if they go with the Mc cover then more expensive. I'm guessing a real closed bow to compete with nautique and centurion for the crowd that only boats in ditches.

Please enlighten me on ditch boating (showing my ignorance once again)

Ditch boating/skiing is a hell of a lot of fun

I hope the 2017 is an improvement on an already great Response.  Hopefully makes the 12-16 TXI more affordable for me in the future!

• Like 2
Just now, dtm8119 said:

I hope the 2017 is an improvement on an already great Response.  Hopefully makes the 12-16 TXI more affordable for me in the future!

I agree, wasn't meant as a slam.  Just that the guys who back off the lift, take a couple sets and put it back on the lift are typically not interested in open bow boats since they just use them as tractors (in the ditch) ;)

30 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I agree, wasn't meant as a slam.  Just that the guys who back off the lift, take a couple sets and put it back on the lift are typically not interested in open bow boats since they just use them as tractors (in the ditch) ;)

So I may be a ditch boater!  well my ditch is a man made lake but the rest is true. ;)   I have not had my Rlxi out for a joy ride all year. Sure has been a decent ski year, well could have been getting more stick time.  The pontoon is the joy rider

9 hours ago, dtm8119 said:

Everything I have heard says it is. But that is from my dealer who heardi t from the factory so take it for whatever that is worth. I hope it is too, but I also don't like seeing prices like this! 2013 TXi. I don't even want to know what ours with almost 600 hours would sell for :cry: 

4 minutes ago, footndale said:

So right now, Malibu builds the Response, Response LXR and Response TXI. Two different hulls.  Maybe they are going to one hull for response but different interiors for pricing? 

That is exactly what they are doing. It will all be on the same hull.

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Everything I have heard says it is. But that is from my dealer who heardi t from the factory so take it for whatever that is worth. I hope it is too, but I also don't like seeing prices like this! 2013 TXi. I don't even want to know what ours with almost 600 hours would sell for :cry: 

I'd be more concerned with the 300 hour 6.0 TXI that was on SIA last week for 38K ;)  Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it.  The TXI is a boat people like, its not like owning a 2011/2012 Prostar when the new one came out

This one won't last long.  2016 6.0 with 250 hours for 43K

http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=39133

Edited by oldjeep
Just now, oldjeep said:

I'd be more concerned with the 300 hour 6.0 TXI that was on SIA last week for 38K ;)  Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it.  The TXI is a boat people like, its not like owning a 2011/2012 Prostar when the new one came out

...for the next 3 months anyway

j/k hop, you'll be fine.

Just now, 85 Barefoot said:

...for the next 3 months anyway

j/k hop, you'll be fine.

LOL, people didn't like those prostars before the new one came out ;)   I used to ski behind a 2012 Promo and I can honestly say my VTX is better at 15 off.

Just now, asp13 said:

Can someone school me on the benefits of a closed bow for slalom vs open bow?

Less interior to clean.

Honestly I don't feel there is any difference in skiability or driveability in closed vs open

7 minutes ago, asp13 said:

Can someone school me on the benefits of a closed bow for slalom vs open bow?

If you're out on a busy lake, with other boats it won't swamp nearly as easily or get water in. A buddy of mine with a sportster loves it for that reason 

Think it's more of a looks thing as well. Closed bow considered more purist and sporty like a 2 door car were an open bow is more geared to families like a 4 door car. 

• Like 2

One of my ski partners has a CC 196 They are all closed bow. We have taken water over the bow and the biggest difference is it comes over the windshield and onto the driver and spotter. Our low ski tugs are just going to be suseptible to it. Closed bow are warmer in early and late season skiing.

I had a closed bow Echelon and on open bow, same years, side by side and rode them around the lake.  The closed bow is a different experience, you feel like you are capped in, behind the windshield.  Although it has the walk thru window, very hard to get up front to grab something (pier, trailer, etc.).  The open bow has a more open experience (obvious), more maneuverability.  I have a color matched bow cover too that I can snap on, if I want to close off the front to limit wind flow, or store stuff.  If it is strictly a slalom tug, then you probably won't need much storage anyway, since you are only going out with some jackets and skis, all of which come out of the boat to dry when done.  I could not find an upside to the closed bow.57c5df5c9a771_2016Closedandopenbows2comp

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

I had a closed bow Echelon and on open bow, same years, side by side and rode them around the lake.  The closed bow is a different experience, you feel like you are capped in, behind the windshield.  Although it has the walk thru window, very hard to get up front to grab something (pier, trailer, etc.).  The open bow has a more open experience (obvious), more maneuverability.  I have a color matched bow cover too that I can snap on, if I want to close off the front to limit wind flow, or store stuff.  If it is strictly a slalom tug, then you probably won't need much storage anyway, since you are only going out with some jackets and skis, all of which come out of the boat to dry when done.  I could not find an upside to the closed bow.

Well said, and with the newer boats they have a wind screen if you don't want to install a bow cover.  Making it just as warm in the winter as a closed bow.  The one thing I do not miss about my closed bow, was how easily it was for "stuff" to end up so deep in the bow I would have completely crawl into the bow to fetch it.  

Personally I see the only benefit of a closed bow is possibly less weight, and less interior to clean.