Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Time

kenelec2

I can't believe you can spend $85k on something and it can't even keep time! In fact you can't even set it up to the right time. My clock will always be an hour off even if you go through all the setup to make it correct. Seems kind of nit picky but really........

I can't believe they can't install locking nuts on the interior parts. Been out 4 times on a new boat and my son hands me a couple of fender washers and nuts. No attention to detail. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, kenelec2 said:

I can't believe you can spend $85k on something and it can't even keep time! In fact you can't even set it up to the right time. My clock will always be an hour off even if you go through all the setup to make it correct. Seems kind of nit picky but really........

Your in the wrong time zone ... Boat elsewhere.

• Like 2

I don't know about other people but I sure try to lose track of time when I'm on my boat. I hate it when people constantly remind me of what time it is. If I'm on the boat I could careless. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, NCVride said:

THIS!!!!  I've had my boat for 3 years and never bothered to set the clock on it.   With phones and watches, what's the need? 

I never set it due to once the weekend is over I shut the batteries off and then have to reset it again... and I never look at it .... use phone for music... so the head unit is there just to fill an empty space ;)

However I can relate to his frustration... It is on the boat and it should work... however, are we sure it is not UIE ;)

39 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

I never set it due to once the weekend is over I shut the batteries off and then have to reset it again... and I never look at it .... use phone for music... so the head unit is there just to fill an empty space ;)

However I can relate to his frustration... It is on the boat and it should work... however, are we sure it is not UIE ;)

What boat do you have? Mine had the headunit under the arm rest. I removed it and installed a plastic dash pocket. Great place to store my keys and wallet. 

I have no idea how to set my clock. 

Edited by Gavin17
15 minutes ago, Gavin17 said:

What boat do you have? Mine had the headunit under the arm rest. I removed it and installed a plastic dash pocket. Grest place to store my keys and wallet. 

I have no idea how to set my clock. 

2010 LSV 23... mine is a Rockford built in dash... 

19 hours ago, NCVride said:

THIS!!!!  I've had my boat for 3 years and never bothered to set the clock on it.   With phones and watches, what's the need? 

So you obviously don't understand his OCD, as you may not suffer same like many on this forum !

• Like 2
4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

So you obviously don't understand his OCD, as you may not suffer same like many on this forum !

Oh but I do and I understand, but I just keep the head unit display on things other than time as well as the LCD display on depth or cruise screen.  If it wasn't I would go insane....just a work around that's all!  I'd rather focus my OCD in other areas like wiping, waxing, cleaning, vacuuming, washing, straightening, cleaning, waxing, wiping, vacuuming, cleaning, wiping, straightening....and so on.

• Like 1
On 9/21/2016 at 3:13 PM, NCVride said:

Oh but I do and I understand, but I just keep the head unit display on things other than time as well as the LCD display on depth or cruise screen.  If it wasn't I would go insane....just a work around that's all!  I'd rather focus my OCD in other areas like wiping, waxing, cleaning, vacuuming, washing, straightening, cleaning, waxing, wiping, vacuuming, cleaning, wiping, straightening....and so on.

Mine same display , same wipe wipe wipe last night at launch included, by the way 93 , 88 water, weekend 3 days was bomb

59 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

Mine same display , same wipe wipe wipe last night at launch included, by the way 93 , 88 water, weekend 3 days was bomb

You have us by a few degrees, got out Saturday was 90 and 81 water temp.  Ton's of fun, taught 8 newbies how to surf with 4 of them figuring out how to throw in the rope.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2016 at 3:35 PM, kerpluxal said:

My Nautique remembers the time even after shutting off the batteries...Jus' sayin'.  

• Like 3
On 9/19/2016 at 9:17 AM, liquidrider said:

I can't believe they can't install locking nuts on the interior parts. Been out 4 times on a new boat and my son hands me a couple of fender washers and nuts. No attention to detail. 

Or just a dab of loc tite