Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 24/7 engine giving me a voltage above normal/shorted high?

eclipsesurfer

Hey guys, My 2011 24/7 is going into limp mode, inactive code is telling me voltage above normal or shorted high,  also has a code that says data valid but above normal range. I had the problem a couple weeks ago and called the dealer, They told me to disconnect the battery and wait 10 mins and it would reset, it did and the rest of the day was great, Today i took it out and had the same problem only this time it would not reset and the boat was in limp mode. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i might also add that the voltage guage says 14.2vdc. thanks

like oldjeep said, get the code 

our 2012 247 did this after getting the code then knowing what to look for, we saw the alternator was periodically putting out 15-17V, No Wake replaced alternator under warranty & all was good after that

23 hours ago, lasik said:

like oldjeep said, get the code 

our 2012 247 did this after getting the code then knowing what to look for, we saw the alternator was periodically putting out 15-17V, No Wake replaced alternator under warranty & all was good after that

I was going to say that it sounds like you may have a failing alternator that is sending voltage spikes to the ecm

-or- 

a loose or bad ground or battery cable somewhere