Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterization Help

racer808

Tried searching but can only find info on the 5.7L  Can't figure out how to winterize my Indmar 6.0L L96.  I can see the transcooler, intake system & pump.  Can't figure out where or how to get to the block plugs or if this has a knock sensor or what or the manifolds?  Any help would be awesome! 

23 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

6.0%20block%20drain_zpsvphnnoy0.png

I did see that.  The only thing I saw in the bottom of my hull is a small hose that looks like the oil drain hose.  But it is impossible to reach your hand under the headers to the block & I can't reach it from the front.  But that is the only thing I can see, there is no room to get under the headers to search around.

The manual also says I have quick disconnects for my manifolds, but I have a bunch of rigid plastic looking pipes coming off headers that return to the pump, I', assuming if I drain all of them I'll be fine.  Can't figure out the block though.

Does no one have this engine?  MB Forum isn't helping, I can find the 5.7 winterization process all day long but the only thing that comes up googling is this Indmar manual & isn't specific enough for me to figure this out.  Maybe I'll just pay to have it pumped full of antifreeze & leave it in my garage

Edited by racer808