Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to tow boats

semi

2005-2010 Supra's are pretty good as well. Have a couple guys on my lake with them and they're good looking, good performing boats. They don't have any troubles out of them. But I don't know a whole whole lot about them.

I've seen one or two Tige's, and one or two older Centurions and they.... well... didn't age very gracefully. 

Oh - and Audi is a terrible example. If you GAVE me an Audi outside of warranty I would sell it and buy something else. LOL

Edited by ibelonginprison
49 minutes ago, ibelonginprison said:

2005-2010 Supra's are pretty good as well. Have a couple guys on my lake with them and they're good looking, good performing boats. They don't have any troubles out of them. But I don't know a whole whole lot about them.

I've seen one or two Tige's, and one or two older Centurions and they.... well... didn't age very gracefully. 

Oh - and Audi is a terrible example. If you GAVE me an Audi outside of warranty I would sell it and buy something else. LOL

My mom's A8 has been solid since 06 and one of my favorite cars. Nicer than the Lexus, benz and BMW equivalents. However none of these brands are reliable sans lexus. 

Trying to think of an analogy and the best one I have is Honda / Toyota in the 70's. Newer to the scene but still reliable. I don't think of infinity or any of the Japanese cars the same as I think of the German cars. Not that any of this matters at all. 

Lol why are so many people recommending ski boats?  OP wants a wake boat. 

I'd look at newer boats the modern surf systems make it so much easier to enjoy.

On the Toyota side of things, Axis A20 and Moomba Helix or Mondo would be a good choice.  

On the Lexus side of things the VTX and the MasterCraft X2 would be good.  

Buying these boats with Surfgate or the similar system means 2012 model year at the oldest--I don't know for sure. Makes them more costly, but also more desirable when you are done with it.  The newer boats are sooooo nice.  All of them. 

4600 lb lift capacity is going to limit your choices in the vDrive wake market.  Loaded up with anchors, fluids, and the various other crap people keep in their boats, most newer boats weigh more than that.

You should be able to find a nice used VLX or VTX in the price range you're looking.

How many people do you plan to have in your crew?

36 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Loaded up with anchors, fluids, and the various other crap people keep in their boats, most newer boats weigh more than that.

Like homemade discs that you pull behind your boat... haha. I need to try that thing out sometime!  

40 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

4600 lb lift capacity is going to limit your choices in the vDrive wake market.  Loaded up with anchors, fluids, and the various other crap people keep in their boats, most newer boats weigh more than that.

You should be able to find a nice used VLX or VTX in the price range you're looking.

How many people do you plan to have in your crew?

The 22 VLX would be right on the edge of that lift. I have my 21.5 VLX on a 4500 pound no problem at all.

13 hours ago, 95echelon said:

The 22 VLX would be right on the edge of that lift. I have my 21.5 VLX on a 4500 pound no problem at all.

My 21.5 LSV is on a 4000 lb. lift with no problems. Of course we drain the ballast before raising it.  A used 21 LSV or VLX may be the boat for the OP.