Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Calling all waveologists

fastmcars

Any advise? I just started to wake surf on my 2016 23lsv, 410, 2249 full mls w/ 800 pnp rear lockers. After reading through countless threads and speaking with wake makers, I believe I need more bow ballast. Here are my questions-

1) wm suggest a 650 bow bag. 

2) I know this is really stupid, but I figure most on here will understand. Has anyone damaged interior vinyl with the bags sitting on top of seats?

3) should I just move the yeti full of beer and the 4 guys who won't attempt to wake surf in the bow??

thanks

Edited by fastmcars
Spelling
  • Like 1

1. Yes

2. No

3. No, not if you like to see what's in front of your boat.

I'm at 85 hours this season on a '16 23LSV. This is the ballast formula that works for MAX surf wake. You might put less than full locker bags in it and not need the bow weight if you like. But for max length and height, Wakemakers knows the formula. You're gonna be at ~4000RPM's with that prop. Some here have lowered that by ~500 RPM's with the 2277 prop.

BTW...I crossed drilled 2 more holes in the caps for the locker bags to allow more air to escape faster. It helps filling and not having to remove the caps to burp the bags.

Yes.  I recently started using a bow triangle (the larger 1k one) and it makes a huge difference.  Not only is the wave better but the boat bow came down a lot and made it easier to drive.  I couldn't use the full PW2 b/c of the bow rise and now I'm able to use more wedge.  All around, great move.  I run about 3600 at ~10.8mph.

Doesn't appear to do any real damage to the seats.  The weight is distributed and conforming so I think you will be fine.  Others have done it for a while now.

Warning:  You will be immediately looking for the IXFE plumbing thread b/c after having the convenience of the controlling everything from the screen, the manual pump gets old quick.  1st world problems...

• Like 2

I think the sumo 650 is plenty of weight( it can hold probably close to 750-800)

+1 for dedicated reversible pump, and it's an easy install. The sumo submersible 4250 pump works well and fills fast but the reversible plumbed to a switch is well worth the extra $$, I wanna say the plumbed reversible parts were $450 ish +bag

Plumb it in!  I used an over the side pump on our VLX w/ a over the seat bow bag & it worked fine, but the new boat everything is plumbed in.  Sit back, drink a beer, kiss the wife, surf ready in 5 minutes