Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 VTX??

Souperfly

I've been patiently waiting for Malibu to update their website and show something on the VTX. I've seen the pics and a some small details on the topic that wakegirl posted, but I want to see something from Malibu. Have they started the pre-orders yet? Color options? Power wedge/Illusion tower? Anyone have anything on this?

I've been patiently waiting for Malibu to update their website and show something on the VTX. I've seen the pics and a some small details on the topic that wakegirl posted, but I want to see something from Malibu. Have they started the pre-orders yet? Color options? Power wedge/Illusion tower? Anyone have anything on this?

You'll need to check w/ your dealer on that. They are working on the colorspec and will be vastly improved over last years.

Since I am currently boatless - I really need someone to go get a ski run behind a VTX so I know if I want to consider it, or start my search for a clean 04 SLxi - I know that search may take some time.

Just heard the VTX went into production last week! i spec hopefully should be updated in a couple weeks. Good luck!!!

You can order any 2007, been that way awhile now. The VTX is in production, and personally with the Diamond hull option on a Wakesetter VTX, I really believe it will be an excellent cross-over boat. (Or as a Sunscape 20 VTX, with tower and options)

I've driven the Wakesetter VTX and it rivals the 21.5 Wakesetter for wakeboarding. I expect to see our first one in a few weeks.

Peter

The biggest question about the diamond hull VTX is whether it will ski as well as the SLxi. If so it will be the biggest advance in VD development yet. I really love my boat, but I could be convinced if I could find a Wakeboard wake and a Skiwake in the same boat, plus the layout of a VD.

Joe

The biggest question about the diamond hull VTX is whether it will ski as well as the SLxi. If so it will be the biggest advance in VD development yet. I really love my boat, but I could be convinced if I could find a Wakeboard wake and a Skiwake in the same boat, plus the layout of a VD.

Joe

I second that

mrothwell,

What happened to your SLXi? Fingerwag.gif

When I bought the boat, we had decided that it would be a 2 to 3 year boat and I was hoping that Malibu would again make a great "family" ski boat like the SLxi Classic. My BIL really wanted my boat, but didn't think he could afford it, until the day before my Lake Powell trip. He calls, tells me he just got a new job with significant better pay. He asked if I would sell the boat. My Summer is already shot, (one week at Powell with a friends Response, 2 weeks in No. Cal with 2 friends Response's, 2 weeks in Ohio - then school starts). I knew that he would take me out a little more this fall, and part of the deal was that my family got the boat the first week of September. I made him a good deal for the middle of summer. SO, now I'm boatless.

Joe

This is exactly what I am looking for. Hopefully the VTX will deliver. If not, then I will have to find something else.

Joe

This is exactly what I am looking for. Hopefully the VTX will deliver. If not, then I will have to find something else.

I will let everyone know when mine gets in. It was ordered last Saturday and at this time the dealer did not have a spray date. But I ordered a VTX with Diamond hull.

Bobby

Joe

I will let everyone know when mine gets in. It was ordered last Saturday and at this time the dealer did not have a spray date. But I ordered a VTX with Diamond hull.

Bobby

Ordering blind? - that takes guts. I just hope that it is the "right" boat.