Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally have the slalom Tractor!

asnowman

1 hour ago, asnowman said:

Some of you will remember last year I was charged by my wonderful wife to find her a pure slalom boat. Well that finally happened this summer, and well we've been out on it too much for me to spend the time to post it up, so here it is.

LXi%20in%20water_zpsee16ycug.jpg

LXI%20at%20Dock_zpsgoqqlq48.jpg

and now the dock looks better every morning

Boats%20at%20Dock%20Origional_zps719s49d

So like everything else, there is of course a story.  Last year the search didn't go as well, a very interesting trip to Alabama, and several others that just didn't work out. 

This time however, all it took was a 14 hour drive to Kentucky, a short test ride, and then a nice short 14 hour trip back, and well, now she has HER boats! The LXI is her baby, got her with 288 hours, and in near showroom condition.

VZM.IMG_20160804_194253_zpslmrlesfx.jpg

I'm pretty sure the VTX is sad, this summer after a late start, we put more hours on the LXI

Lxi_zpspvt8qyej.jpg

Can never have too many Malibu's....

• Like 3

Awesome looking boat, and good find with relatively low hours. I remember seeing what I believe to be that same boat on ski it again this summer when I was starting to do research on boats.

We get up early. The water gnats come out at about 9 during the summer, and the rest of the world comes out at 9:30

We are on a smaller cove area, put the slalom course right out front, south wind and walleys do hamper us, but we make it work.

We have had fun getting to know all the ski boats that seem to materalize when the course gets put in, which was late again this year.

This time of year is great though, nobody around.

Beautiful boat!  Congrats.  I'm on Lake Winnipesaukee in Meredith on and off during the summer.  My cousin has a boat on Sebago at Richardson's.  Let me know if you ever make it over to Winni.

Mark

Mark, 

Saw the pics of your ride earlier today, it looks really good. Love the way yellow pops off the water. We seldom leave Sebago, but will let you know if we head that way. Reach out if you are going out on Sebago too, always fun meeting up with new faces on the water.

Adam 

23 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

Been meaning to text you and ask how it was working out!

When's your "the ice is here and I have to pull my dock out of the water and go into hibernation as a human" date? 

Haha! I don't hibernate. I love cold and snow. 

Dock removal is as much dependent on water level as weather, probably thanksgiving.

2 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

Hence your screenname. lol

You KNOW how _I_ am with cold. :rofl:

Oh I know. 70 degree water is wetsuit weather for you. Heaven forbid if air and water  aren't at least 70 

Last weekend we had 72 degree water and 51 degree air.

Just now, asnowman said:

Oh I know. 70 degree water is wetsuit weather for you. Heaven forbid if air and water  aren't at least 70 

Last weekend we had 72 degree water and 51 degree air.

200_s.gif

75 and 75 is where I start worrying. :lol: