Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BOAT TRAILERS,...who manufactured/sold them in 2003...??

Jens

Hello

Can anyone tell me who manufactured MALIBU boat trailers in 2003.

I bought my MALIBU RESPONSE from the US in 2003 with a "malibu" trailer.

Now many years later I want to put number plates on the trailer here in Denmark.

BUT, I need to know who that manufactured the trailer before I can register the trailer here in Denmark...!

Danish rules..!

I thought it was MALIBU BOATS...but they tell me they did not..!   and do not know exactly who did mine..!

Can anyone help....

Back then, different areas of the country used different trailers.  It was a dealer choice.  I know my parents 99 and 2004 SSLxi both had Prestige Trailers.  

I know most dealers put their decals on the boats and trailers so maybe you'll get lucky and find one of those and you can contact the dealer.

2 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

There should be a plate on the trailer with all of that information, somewhere behind the tonque, likely at the cross member that the tongue is welded to.

Unfortunately it is usually a sticker

• Like 1

Sounds like you are the original  owner.  Have you contacted the dealer where you bought it from?  No paper work?

I know the registration for my trailer say it is an Eagle trailer here in Michigan.

6 minutes ago, sunvalleylaw said:

Same for my '98, which is also a PNW boat.  Seems like Ryan was pretty common for PNW boats back in those days.  

They are local and as wedge88 mentioned back then it was up to the dealers. 

Just now, Pnwrider said:

They are local and as wedge88 mentioned back then it was up to the dealers. 

That is kinda what I thought.  Pretty much most of the boats, whether Tige', Malibu, etc. that I have seen from the mid-90's into early 00's (I know nothing of surf boats, etc.) seem to have Ryan trailers.  Seemed to be a pretty common dealer choice.  My boat was a Bake's boat and it makes me believe that Ryan was their choice.  

My '06 has a roadrunner and it's a terrible POS.  Most of these trailers were sourced local to where the boats were sold in that time.  Roadrunners were made in Texas, where my boat was sold, so that's how that deal went down.