Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 M235

BadgerBoater55

Still scratching my head on the marketing from Malibu. I don't want to be told this is luxurious, isn't that really up to the user/buyer to determine.

im fine with the branding and the montra "truth is on the water" but the voice over and the tempo of the video footage don't match up, I feel like I'm watching a wake video with a guy talking to me about the side effects of a prescription medication.

am I alone here?

32 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Maybe - seems like a boat that expensive should have a little fridge built in

And a generator to power the fridge, and a head, and a wet bar, and a V berth (oops, that would displace the bow ballast....)

Just thinking about the market segmentation in the boat industry.  If the wake/surf boats keep getting bigger and more expensive - and they sell - how long will it be until Sea Ray, Formula, Cobalt Chris-Craft, etc. move "down" and start making boats with surfing features?  I know about I/O and all that but there are new drives, or they could go inboard.  They don't have to worry about ski wakes.  Malibu certainly doesn't with the M235, and, as we all know, no one wake boards anymore!

27 minutes ago, mrnate450r said:

Is the windshield different this year? 

Looks like it.  The windshield wraps around with 1 price.  I like it, but looks really expensive to replace if it broke. 

19 minutes ago, SCMike said:

Looks like it.  The windshield wraps around with 1 price.  I like it, but looks really expensive to replace if it broke. 

Pretty sure if you can afford the boat, you could afford the replacement. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Technicallyabu said:

ha they made the electric wind dam seem like a selling point. maybe next year an option will be all electric hatches.

Or maybe a Power Tower....snicker snicker.  

^^^they all do that. I'm sure your boat is the same way. How many does the coast Guard placard say you can have vs how many fit comfortably? Does malibu marketing suck? We can probably all agree they do, but calling them out for mentioning coast Guard ratings probably isn't where I'd start...