Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear remote removal -- what to do about hole?

Fffrank

Boat has what I think is the stock sony stereo.  Rear remote will be going.  What to put in the hole?  I'll be removing the head-unit entirely in favor of a ZLD or WS-420bt.  I don't see much utility in a transom remote.  

Find a sticker you really like and put it over the holes. That's what I did on my old boat and nobody knew the difference.

Edited by bcf2003
15 hours ago, bcf2003 said:

Find a sticker you really like and put it over the holes. That's what I did on my old boat and nobody knew the difference.

Ugh.  Not saying this is the worst idea -- but it's certainly one I'd like to avoid.  Was really hoping there was something else that would make sense in this spot. :(

7 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

Ugh.  Not saying this is the worst idea -- but it's certainly one I'd like to avoid.  Was really hoping there was something else that would make sense in this spot. :(

What diameter is the hole?

2 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

What diameter is the hole?

Yeah, hard to say if we don't know the size...unfortunately this is why I haven't put a transom remote in my boat yet, I found the hole to be ridiculously huge.  I don't see why they can't make them thin and have only the cable going through the transom.

33 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Yeah, hard to say if we don't know the size...unfortunately this is why I haven't put a transom remote in my boat yet, I found the hole to be ridiculously huge.  I don't see why they can't make them thin and have only the cable going through the transom.

It's actually not that bad.  It's one aprox 3/8" hole in the center and (2) 1/8" holes on either side for the screws.  It's not one of them that requires a giant 3" circle.

Just now, Fffrank said:

It's actually not that bad.  It's one aprox 3/8" hole in the center and (2) 1/8" holes on either side for the screws.  It's not one of them that requires a giant 3" circle.

Sticker over the 3/8" hole and do some gel coat repair on the screw holes.