Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 247, rear tank won't drain and its not a fuse or pump

My rear hard tank won't drain.  It's not a fuse, they are all good and I even replaced it with one I knew was working and it still won't work.  It's not the pump because I switched it out with the one from the other side and it works.   I then switched them back.  I was digging around in the rear of the boat and found another plug that was the same as the plug on the end to the pump.  I unplugged it and plugged the ballast pump into it and turned everything on and found it was the blower that I plugged it into.  That at least got it so that I could drain it but I don't want to have to unplug blower and plug in the ballast pump every time I want to drain it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, Trent. 

Trent , do you have a multimeter?  If you do check that you have power to the pump that wont drain.  No power there you have a possible wiring issue or relay.  Let us know if that is the case.

Trent (Malibuzer)

Just now, kerpluxal said:

there is a 10 amp fuse on it also (yep I blew one) ;)  ... Under helm there is a fuse panel and the cover has the fuse diagram.

not the fuse I checked and replaced it just incase

Just now, kerpluxal said:

there is a 10 amp fuse on it also (yep I blew one) ;)  ... Under helm there is a fuse panel and the cover has the fuse diagram.

They all looked good when I was out there this weekend.  Is there a certain one that would go to that pump?  

2 hours ago, malik said:

not the fuse I checked and replaced it just incase

They all looked good when I was out there this weekend.  Is there a certain one that would go to that pump?  

there is a fuse for each pump... each pump is a dedicated line... It was earlier this year when I blew one.. I remember the fuse panel indicating each fuse and location... I don't remember how it was stated... hope this helps.. and hope that is your issue ;)

you are referring to the factory aerator pumps and maux switches correct? 

Edited by kerpluxal

My front ballast tank are exhibiting a somewhat similar problem.  Won't drain or fill when activated via the MUX switches.  I ended up putting a multimeter on the wires to the drain and fill pumps and both showed 11.4-11.6VDC.  I don't see voltage this low anywhere else on the boat.  When I jumper the pumps direct to a 12V battery they will spin.  I still haven't figured out why I'm getting low voltage to only these two pumps...most likely a short or corrosion somewhere along the line, but the fact that two pumps are affected makes me think it might be in the MUX?