Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 VLX Moonsoon Fuel PSI regulator

First post on the site!  Great site!!!  Lots of great info.

We have just gotten a 2004 VLX with a Mosoon engine.  Went through the most all items and replaced many and have noticed a rich exhaust smell when surfing behind boat.  I am going to test the fuel pressure next and wanted to see if anyone has a part number for a new regulator in the event my PSI test low.  I have replaced cap, rotor, plugs, knock sensor (as setting off alarm under heavy loading.  Tip was rusted off.  Used MEFI 4 software to trouble shoot), ECM temp sensor, cleaned air filter, new fuel filter.   All done when we got boat as I wanted to start off knowing all had been replaced.  Engine runs very good.  Has about 600hrs.  Looks like Fuel regulator is by fuel pump?   Is that correct?  I have also seen post about a screen in fuel pump?  I need to check if mine has.  Any help greatly appreciated.  

Congrats on the new boat and welcome!

Maybe pull a plug to confirm you're running rich?  "Rich" smell behind a boat under heavy load might be normal.  Engine might just be keeping the valves cool - as it should.

Edited by minnmarker
addition