Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion Tower Failure

:( I've got the 06 23 LSV with the Illusion Tower. Last week I found that the tower had broke completely through from inside to outside where the right (Starboard) side wakeboard rack attaches. The exterior metal and the interior honeycomb seperated through and through. I brought it over to the service folks who took pics of it and contacted Metcraft. They immediately agreed to replace the whole tower. When I brought it to the service dept. I saw another tower sitting on the floor with the exact same thing. Question to anyone, has anyone heard of this yet with the illusions? Seemed strange that there was another one with this problem. Could Metcraft have a design problem that is happening to more than just me? Shocking.gif The tower was holding two boards on each side with nothing else hanging off the tower. The threads to the racks were both tight and the water conditions had some chop but nothing excessive. Any replys or inputs would be very helpful.

I have 4 racks (2 per side) on my 05 LSV with an IllusionX and have not had any problems. I'm very pleased with the stability and durability of the IllusionX. Plus I think it looks cool. :)

I am going to watch it more carefully, given your experience. Hopefully these 2 failures were isolated manufacturing quality issues and your new one will be OK. my $.02.

I have had absolutely no issues with my tower. Sorry to hear about it! Hopefully they are not outsourcing to 5 year olds in China as well!

I have 4 racks (2 per side) on my 05 LSV with an IllusionX and have not had any problems. I'm very pleased with the stability and durability of the IllusionX. Plus I think it looks cool. :)

I am going to watch it more carefully, given your experience. Hopefully these 2 failures were isolated manufacturing quality issues and your new one will be OK. my $.02.

I guess I find it hard to believe that two towers with the exact same failure were in the same facility at the same time. It leads me to believe that that this is not an isolated event around the world. Thoughts??

I guess I find it hard to believe that two towers with the exact same failure were in the same facility at the same time. It leads me to believe that that this is not an isolated event around the world. Thoughts??

Early Monday morning, sleep deprivation from weekend, hangover, no breakfast.

lack of concentration. etc. etc. Dontknow.gif

Did you get any pics of this? The swivel racks on my tower are made from recycled Budweiser cans, but the tower itself is soldi.

I also have an 06 LSV.