Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WS-420SQ - Settings

sandaddiction

Can someone please share the settings on their WS-420SQ (picture) as well as settings on the stock Malbu unit?

Something has to be off on mine because I just had 4 Rev 10s and a Wetsounds XXX amp installed and am far from pleased with the sound.

Also, are you guys using Bluetooth or plugging your phone in?  What volume do you use on the iPhone as well as Malibu stereo vs. the volume on the EQ?

Thanks

You and your installer should revisit the tuning using your preferred source for music. Thats going to be FAR more effective then trying to use setting from someone's entirely different setup. Head unit setting, I like to leave them flat. There are no subwoofer setting on the WS-420. The 4 EQ settings are for making minor changes based on personal preferences and different music genres. If you large changes are needed, you need to go back to the amp settings. The source you are using for your music can greatly impact the sound quality and volume. There are no universal across the board settings that cna transfer from one setup to the other. With a zone controller, you will want the source volume on its max pre-clip/pre-distortion level. 

The above doesnt even touch on amp wattage to the speakers and woofer or even the enclosure setup. Those can impact things as well.   

• Like 2

Just as MLA is writing, it's not going to be that simple. A quality system tune involves concealed settings inside the EQ and settings from the source to the amplifiers, especially the amplifiers. Hopefully you used the same Wetsounds authorized dealer to buy the equipment from and to do the box build and installation. A single paragraph tuning instruction is an awful instruction. No one is avoiding answering the question. It's just not a good question that can be accurately answered as stated. My suggestion is this. Call Wetsounds Monday and have them discuss your system with your Wetsounds installing dealer. Wetsounds technical service is very helpful.

If in BT mode, the noise could be due to a wiring relationship or settings. An amp issue would have noise in any mode. Also, if source volume is high but music is paused or in between, there can be white noise thats not uncommon.