Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Piston for 2003 Monsoon 330

If I was replacing one I might get the original GM part. If not I would want to know that the piston I use is the same material as the original. Many different manufactures use many different base material. Some need to run different clearances then stock as they expand different then stock. Are you boring the hole or going with the stock piston?     

I was changing the fuel injectors and dropped one of the spacers down the intake.  I though it went into the bilge but I could not find it.  I checked the intake runners, with a magnet, flashlight, vacuum, compressed air before starting and it and didnt see anything.  It must have dropped into an open valve.  Well it beat up the piston pretty bad but I caught it before it did any damage to the head or the cylinder wall.  So I would like to pull the motor and throw a new piston and rings in that cylinder and be done with it.  The compression was fine in all the other cylinders. 

Edited by cswylie