Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 22MXZ Video

Anderson24

Thanks @IXFE

I keep thinking to myself before I post, "maybe they are sick of seeing people Wakeboarding...is this getting old?"  At least there was a new boat in this one!!

Good to know at least a few enjoy it. Cause I certainly do!

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

what editing software are you using? Final cut? 

iMovie. To be honest I really don't have any sort of background with videography/editing/etc. I just mess around with stuff until I think it looks cool. Same could be said about the drone. Don't really know what I am doing...except that I know not to pull the left stick down when I am above water. That's a no-no. 

1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

Tige just anouced the my wake challenge, where you send them your best wake video to win prizes. I think you would have a good shot in this 

Thanks for the heads up! I'd take a cool $7500. It probably wouldn't help showing a Malibu or axis in the video though...

9 hours ago, IXFE said:

It's only Thursday... ugh

Seriously can't wait for until Saturday when @Anderson24 drops his next video!

Oh man you're killing me. We actually tried to get something this morning. But all the Boulder guys are leaving today and gone till next Wednesday for their customer appreciation weekend in Needles. Trust me, we tried to make something work cause I really wanted to submit something to that tige wake challenge.

I know you don't want to see me Wakeboarding. You would get bored after the 3rd heelside WTW jump in a row. It would be 4 solid minutes of that. 

FAIL. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

I know you don't want to see me Wakeboarding. You would get bored after the 3rd heelside WTW jump in a row. It would be 4 solid minutes of that. 

FAIL. 

Sounds like we should ride together! :thumbup:

I'm sure I'll be better with a new boat! :lol:

Edited by teamerickson

Another great video, thanks for sharing :) the 22 MXZ is on my radar, just waiting for my dealer to get one in so I can crawl through it.  It appears the surf and wakeboard wake on this boat is going to be nothing less than stellar!

I got behind one last week and it is really good.  It's a step ahead of the LSV for interior and ahead in wake/surf.  I'm not a huge pickle fork fan, but the no carpet design and slick walkthrough area made me make the jump to order a 2017.  The fit and finish is just a step ahead of the traditional bow designs with some small ingenius tweaks and more billet accents.  

Stock wake without PNP was respectable.

Wow, that says a lot from a lsv owner converting over to the mxz.  That seems like a rare occurrence but might be more common with the new design of the mxz.  This mxz could be a hot seller this year for Malibu.  Did you go base engine? G4? flip around center observer seat?

The LSV does give a tremendous wave when it's loaded up.  Keep in mind my 2014 didn't have PW2, so that might be coming into play with my demo comparison.

The redesigned hull is much better on the MXZ than the old one and the weight is up so it makes sense that it would do well compared to an LSV.  The length on these boats are close too with the 22MXZ coming in at 22' 5".  I would guess equally weighted they would be comparable with a very slight edge to the LSV, but it's going to be really close.  Stock to stock I would venture to say the MXZ is better.  The wave seems does seem longer on the 23 slightly, but wider on the 22.  They have a slightly different feel to them. 

I went base engine.  After doing a lot of research on this they're not different at all in performance up to about 3800rpm.  In fact I think a good tuner or ECU swap yields the same performance, but in reality the small difference would be almost unnoticeable in a wake boat.  The real choice is either 575 or 410 and as I've mentioned before $12-13k just isn't worth it to me this time.  I've been in both the Raptor 410 and 450 and I couldn't tell a difference...evenly weighted.  I think you'd have to time them or 'drag race' them to see any difference.  The on water experience is identical in the 22' boats anyway.  To me the performance of the 410 is really close to the old 450 LS3, with the LS3 having a very slight advantage on the top, but worse on the bottom end.