Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bye Yuppies

NCVride

+1 The Yuppie yachts full of millionaire husbands with drunk wives in the stern always cut us off in our little 21 wake boat even though we have the right of way. 

Just because you wear Ray Ban sunglasses and sperrys doesnt exempt one from the rules of boating.

Not exactly butter today, But now we get to enjoy this almost every weekend

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by sonny20
  • Like 2

IF you head to visit Chaz and Mimi at the lake house, you have to leave the city. But be sure to bring your own Brie and Chards, they don't have the good ones once you hit the suburbs....

• Like 2

Yeah, problem for us is that after all the Wally's go home.........salmon season opens.  We basically trade in our inexperienced drunk knuckleheads in runabouts.......for inexperienced drunk guys in camo trying to launch anything they think will float.  Thank goodness about 25% of the fisherman are really experienced dudes that don't screw around.  The rest of them are the guys that launch their "watercrafts" exactly twice a year for the salmon runs.  It doesn't really chill out up here (depending on the salmon numbers) for another week or so.....

Speaking of the sort, we were on a guy's trip a few years ago.  Kids all jumping around in the water.  One of the guys in my crew sort of knows someone else on the lake.  That guy comes to our place in his $40k pontoon boat.  Standing up behind the wheel, glass of wine in hand, stupid loudmouthed wife with her hands in the air yelling at someone on shore, coming to our pier at about 10 mph and kills the engine, with the 24ft barge heading at a 45 degree angle to the pier.  I don't even know this guy, and I wanted so badly just to step back and let him smash into it.  What a moron, that he would have the expectation that someone is going to just catch his freaking boat for him.  It doesn't work that way, idiot.  But, I'm a nice guy, and pushed it off with my foot (but didn't grab the rail).  Someone else grabbed the back.  While he never moved from the helm.

I go back into the house at some point, or stoke the fire, or something, and come back out to find my two boys (age 11 and 12) are on his boat now with a bunch of kids, and are a hundred yards or more out on the water.  D-bag driver somehow thinks it is a good idea to drag 4 or 5 kids behind the boat on a tow rope.  No life jackets, just drag along behind the boat.  Started slow, then picked up speed 'till they all fell off.  I'm watching all this from a far distance, trying to figure out what they are doing.  And the sun has set, it's getting dark.  They got back and I reamed my boys on that one.  Stupid, stupid, stupid, not a good way to die.

Rant over.

Just now, Sixball said:

$#it You can't even give it to them for free!  Early spring and late fall is some of the best water time!

Too bad natural selection doesn't work anymore...too many warning labels and miracles of modern medicine

• Like 2

We here in MN are getting our first dip into the 40s this week. AKA all the fair weather lake loungers are running for the boat ramp like the lakes about to freeze. SO EXCITED!

Just now, TC_2006_VLX said:

We here in MN are getting our first dip into the 40s this week. AKA all the fair weather lake loungers are running for the boat ramp like the lakes about to freeze. SO EXCITED!

Just being after labor day is enough.  There were 4 trailers in the parking lot at the Minnetrista launch on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, TC_2006_VLX said:

Hopefully, the mosquitos will die off soon, I don't remember them ever being so bad this late in the year.  As soon as the sun starts to go down we start getting hammered and this has rushed my end of day wipedown at the ramp. Now I have some ugly water spots to deal with.

2 hours ago, TC_2006_VLX said:

We're having our first dip into the 70's.

:rofl:

Another good weekend coming up.  Temps in NC are still going to be mid 80's which means more summer weather without all the summer idiots on the lake.  Here's to a warm Fall!!!!!  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

I'm a firm believer that stupid should hurt.

It does hurt, it just doesn't hurt the one you wish it would...lol

I have to say.  I love football season!  I don't really watch much, but most people do!

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

I have to say.  I love football season!  I don't really watch much, but most people do!

This!!  We have 4 decent sized universities within 2 hours of the lake with big time fan bases.  When college starts back and football begins its helps to keep everyone away from the lake.  If I want to watch I usually just start up WatchESPN while we are just hanging on the boat and catch up on the game.  

8 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

I'm a firm believer that stupid should hurt.

22 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful & difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid. - Ricky Gervais

22 hours ago, vanamp said:

Hopefully, the mosquitos will die off soon, I don't remember them ever being so bad this late in the year.  As soon as the sun starts to go down we start getting hammered and this has rushed my end of day wipedown at the ramp. Now I have some ugly water spots to deal with.

Living in michigan i don't miss the mosquitos from MN. Our lake is definitely winding down.