Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

has anyone installed speakers on the transom

Chia

i don't really need the huge wetsounds pro 90 tower speakers as all we do is surf anymore.

am looking for ideas to get sound to the rider without blowing out the eardrums of those sitting at the back of the boat.

I think the solution would be to add speakers to the transom...any ideas?

thanks

bob

Maybe some kind of custom fiberglass rear-facing speaker pods that mount the the top of the transom so you don't have to cut huge holes in your transom? That could be cool...

I thought I saw it somewhere but people had mounted them to the hatches of the rear storage lockers (on the inside) and had them on switches so when you wanted them on you turned them on and opened the hatches.

My other thought is mounting them to the ski pole or to the grab handle somehow and make them removable with a quick disconnect plug.

Kmfish, I did find that thread in a search, but not really what I was thinking of. I am not fearful of cutting a hole in the transom.

Searched again and I think what h2ojunkie has done is the perfect solution.

Any dissenters?

post-16835-0-07361700-1390595159.jpg

I put my single pair of rev 10s above the Bimini on my illusion tower. Bimini  blocks sound from most of the boat, but can hear great surfing. I have FAE, so that helps too.  I wouldn't do it over any other way.

7 hours ago, Chia said:

i don't really need the huge wetsounds pro 90 tower speakers as all we do is surf anymore.

am looking for ideas to get sound to the rider without blowing out the eardrums of those sitting at the back of the boat.

I think the solution would be to add speakers to the transom...any ideas?

thanks

bob

Take a look at this - will be upgrading to 8 inch speakers this off season.

Tower speakers have advantages and disadvantages.  For me, they are not necessary because we don't wake board to music and I don't want to blast that much sound at my neighbors.  We also drive the boat onto the lift with the tower down and the starboard speaker would literally be right where the driver sits.  When surfing we also want more volume for the surfer and NOT for the cabin (my wife would refuse to drive).  With my ski pylon setup the speaker goes behind the cabin pointing away from the cabin.  When not surfing we can stow it or turn it around to be another set of cabin speakers - on its own zone control.

So now that I'm done with that sell job, does anyone want to buy my current setup?  I'm making a new one with 8 inch speakers. :thumbup:

0325162240ar.thumb.jpg.8f9814ffe9fc69599

1 hour ago, minnmarker said:

Tower speakers have advantages and disadvantages.  For me, they are not necessary because we don't wake board to music and I don't want to blast that much sound at my neighbors.  We also drive the boat onto the lift with the tower down and the starboard speaker would literally be right where the driver sits.  When surfing we also want more volume for the surfer and NOT for the cabin (my wife would refuse to drive).  With my ski pylon setup the speaker goes behind the cabin pointing away from the cabin.  When not surfing we can stow it or turn it around to be another set of cabin speakers - on its own zone control.

So now that I'm done with that sell job, does anyone want to buy my current setup?  I'm making a new one with 8 inch speakers. :thumbup:

0325162240ar.thumb.jpg.8f9814ffe9fc69599

I'm interested!

• 4 weeks later...