Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Delta mission wake attachment

Scott12

I have a 2003 lsv and I bought the delta mission for my boat so it's easier to wake surf. I love it and can't stop surfing. It works great!!!!!  I load the back up with ballast bags and sometimes I'll put a sac in the bow if I don't have people on my boat( not necessary though). I found that if you move people around so their is more weight in the boat on the surfers side it gets the device closer to the top of the water the wake is the best.  Before the delta mission I couldn't dial my boat in good enough where I could throw in the rope, with this I could throw it in the boat as soon as I get up and ride for days.  I would never buy a wake device that requires strips of Velcro tape on the side of my boat

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at the Delta Mission, Ronix Wake Shaper and the Wicked Wake for my 2009 Sunscape 20 LSV - quick question, you mention that you move people around in the boat to get the device closer to the top of the water, why not just move where you suction cup the device up a little higher?

I know on my boat (2011 23LSV) I actually do the exact same thing especially on the goofy side. I cheat weight to the surf side (which is opposite of my suction cup gate) to help raise the non surf side up out of the water more. It really cleans up the wake tremendously. If I have people who don't all want to sit on the same side of the boat, I just dump ballast from the non surf side just enough to clean the wake up on the surf side. On my boat, there is a transition or "step" in the hull that only allows me to raise the surf device up so much. I also have the Wicked Wake surf device too and it didn't matter as much where I had people in the boat but the two devices work a bit differently but that's the main reason. 

9 hours ago, DirtTrailMedia said:

I'm looking at the Delta Mission, Ronix Wake Shaper and the Wicked Wake for my 2009 Sunscape 20 LSV - quick question, you mention that you move people around in the boat to get the device closer to the top of the water, why not just move where you suction cup the device up a little higher?

I don't believe the surf wake improves because the gate is closer to the top of the water, it's improved because you're listing the boat (the old school method prior to surf gate).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MadMan said:

I don't believe the surf wake improves because the gate is closer to the top of the water, it's improved because you're listing the boat (the old school method prior to surf gate).

Ahh, makes sense. Thank you for the explanation on that. I'm in the process of learning everything I can before next season so we can be set up and ready to get started with wakesurfing!

I was going to buy the Delta from Mission, but then we tried to make our own.  Spent less than $50 in material (suction cups style) and now I can surf my 05 VLX 12-15 feet behind the boat. It does not hurt that I also found the perfect board for me.  I hate the thought of winter!

47 minutes ago, 95echelon said:

Harbor freight. Search this site for suck gate. 

Found a link to Harbor Freight in the Homemade delta wakeshaper thread - bought 4 suction cups to make 4 different prototypes! Appreciate the info!