Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thanks Doc for the early release

granddaddy55

Just saw my final X-ray this am snd my butterfly displaced bone shard had reattached earlier than my March 6 visit would have indicated as the butterfly  break was clearly outlined in black( space-not healed ☹️) as the rest of the bone attached and secured and set by the femur nail was already healed white.(femur nailsurgery 7/2/15).  Now healed at 14 months, 

Cleared for wakeboard jumps and the mountain , oh s***, I probably limit myself to some one wake airs cause I am scared to death now cause I talked s*** to the healthy and I now have to back it up  and again I'm scared!!!

• Like 2
On September 8, 2016 at 10:35 PM, granddaddy55 said:

Just saw my final X-ray this am snd my butterfly displaced bone shard had reattached earlier than my March 6 visit would have indicated as the butterfly  break was clearly outlined in black( space-not healed ☹️) as the rest of the bone attached and secured and set by the femur nail was already healed white.(femur nailsurgery 7/2/15).  Now healed at 14 months, 

Cleared for wakeboard jumps and the mountain , oh s***, I probably limit myself to some one wake airs cause I am scared to death now cause I talked s*** to the healthy and I now have to back it up  and again I'm scared!!!

????? 

Dont be a Nancy, go big wuss!

• Like 1
On September 10, 2016 at 8:37 PM, TallRedRider said:

How did you bust it?  

Flowrider surf simulator I had been riding for 21 hours over 3 years.  I kept doing unsuccessful drops i had "mastered" in the past instead of sliding off the base deck to launch.  It looks innocuous and I had a good 700+ falls but it's structure is membrane over steel cage with 4 inches or less of flowing water.  My left leg that had s 31 year terrible triad reco and had limited ROM, went under me when I fell at base and the double sided metal steel hinged brsce I was wearing may have stopped me From shredding knee(reality I would have torn scar tissue probably), so the femur took the torque snd butterfly sheared off.  I then had to grab the warbling leg within 1/10th of a second after I saw it warble to then flip to good hip side and slide up the up ramp done 20+ feet and land in the water receiving grate with out causing a compound fracture as well , which I'm sure would have happened if I slid up thst ramp in broken leg and then landing in same.  Glad I didn't go into instant shock , held/splinted the leg by myself then with wife, then us with the paramedic to reduce it 3 + hours till X-ray in ER, to stop the painful displaced butterfly piece and others from moving and starting muscle spasms as those bastards kept hitting me with morphine at the site in the pic line they started and after 3 I had to scream for them to stop so i could keep my wits and actually avoid pain with the hand splinting. Propofol like substance used to knock me semi out  to set the leg and reduce bleeding started to wear off after I vomited cause I'm not sn addict and the rescue flip and resulting clean up of my semi conscious self allowed the knock down drug to start wearing off and I don't remember but my wife said I let out  blood curdling screams as I levitated off the gurney and it them took 6 large dudes  and a female plus setting doctor to hold me down.  

Then vomiting for next 7 hours in room from the opioids , then nailsurgery noon next day.  3 pints of blood to leave hospital in fourth day  and crutches fir four months. So yea I'm scared.  Been surfing and surface skating since March 28, dont want to lose a great comeback year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2016 at 5:15 PM, granddaddy55 said:

Flowrider surf simulator I had been riding for 21 hours over 3 years.  I kept doing unsuccessful drops i had "mastered" in the past instead of sliding off the base deck to launch.  It looks innocuous and I had a good 700+ falls but it's structure is membrane over steel cage with 4 inches or less of flowing water.  My left leg that had s 31 year terrible triad reco and had limited ROM, went under me when I fell at base and the double sided metal steel hinged brsce I was wearing may have stopped me From shredding knee(reality I would have torn scar tissue probably), so the femur took the torque snd butterfly sheared off.  I then had to grab the warbling leg within 1/10th of a second after I saw it warble to then flip to good hip side and slide up the up ramp done 20+ feet and land in the water receiving grate with out causing a compound fracture as well , which I'm sure would have happened if I slid up thst ramp in broken leg and then landing in same.  Glad I didn't go into instant shock , held/splinted the leg by myself then with wife, then us with the paramedic to reduce it 3 + hours till X-ray in ER, to stop the painful displaced butterfly piece and others from moving and starting muscle spasms as those bastards kept hitting me with morphine at the site in the pic line they started and after 3 I had to scream for them to stop so i could keep my wits and actually avoid pain with the hand splinting. Propofol like substance used to knock me semi out  to set the leg and reduce bleeding started to wear off after I vomited cause I'm not sn addict and the rescue flip and resulting clean up of my semi conscious self allowed the knock down drug to start wearing off and I don't remember but my wife said I let out  blood curdling screams as I levitated off the gurney and it them took 6 large dudes  and a female plus setting doctor to hold me down.  

Then vomiting for next 7 hours in room from the opioids , then nailsurgery noon next day.  3 pints of blood to leave hospital in fourth day  and crutches fir four months. So yea I'm scared.  Been surfing and surface skating since March 28, dont want to lose a great comeback year.

Dear God!

I could have lived the rest of my life without that. 

Sorry man, that sucks.

• Like 2
On 9/25/2016 at 6:14 AM, ConnollyCrew said:

Dear God!

I could have lived the rest of my life without that. 

Sorry man, that sucks.

Rode wakeboard yesterday for 1 wake airs toes and heals with stock package wedge and some 150's on bow cushions, getting my head straight is what the awful post is about, more written, less PTSD, it's like therapy for me , sorry for heavy on you

• Like 2