Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

coupler replacement? where to source? have one made? 1990 flight craft

this is actually my buddies boat... but it has a worn coupler (and prop shaft as well)  where is the best place to source a coupler?  from a search it appears to be a borg warner velvet drive.  at least they were in 91's  so I'm assume its the same.  also, its just simple aluminum with a key way,  I wonder if its easier and cheaper to have one made.  thanks. -jay

1990 flightcraft 18xlt

I will check those other suppliers... though I wonder if this one is a unique length being a fllightcraft and such and old boat...  shaft is aprox 41.5 inches.

wdr what was your purchase from bakes? and what was the cost?  thanks. -j

1990 flightcraft 18xlt

I had to replace my rudder from Bakes about 2 weeks ago. MH was quoting $905.00 as I recall, Bakes was $795.00. Unfortunately no Crew discount applied to the rudder. I replaced my friends prop shaft 3 months ago and the shaft with coupler, hardware and coupler tool was $450.00 plus S&H from Skidim. The coupler was not the exact same part so you might want to ask about it. we just the old one it was fine. The 1 1/8" x 41.5" shaft length is pretty common as his '01 Tige 22V was that length as well.