Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Axis A22 Depth Finder Location - Need help!!!

prion

Hey Crew, I recently ordered a depth finder transducer from Bakes and am needing to install it. My dilemma is i don't know where the stock location is on the 2015 A22. On previous models, it was on the starboard side next to the V-drive, but I'm seeing that the location may have changed to under the round access panel next to the driver seat on the 2015 models. Can anyone with a 2015 A22 comment on the location of their depth finder?

Thanks

Not sure about 15s, but my 14 T22 is on the port side near vdrive. Mine also has a plug zip tied to it so you could take out the depth finder and service it. 

Edited by teamerickson
2 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Not sure about 15s, but my 14 T22 is on the port side near vdrive. Mine also has a plug zip tied to it so you could take out the depth finder and service it. 

So that is what that is and what that zip and plug are for!!

i may learn something here!

• Like 1

That would be a strange location for a depth finder.  I think the general rule is to keep it near the running gear and in an area that is less susceptible to bow rise... 

16 hours ago, Roush611 said:

That would be a strange location for a depth finder.  I think the general rule is to keep it near the running gear and in an area that is less susceptible to bow rise... 

He said by the vdrive, it's in the engine compartment by the running gear , had seen it when closing valves , never knew what it was 

4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

He said by the vdrive, it's in the engine compartment by the running gear , had seen it when closing valves , never knew what it was 

Unless I am misunderstanding what he is saying, he stated he thinks the new location on the 15's is in the access hole next to the drivers seat.  That would be a strange location for a depth finder.  I agree it should be in the engine compartment on a v-drive. 

Just now, Roush611 said:

Unless I am misunderstanding what he is saying, he stated he thinks the new location on the 15's is in the access hole next to the drivers seat.  That would be a strange location for a depth finder.  I agree it should be in the engine compartment on a v-drive. 

Correct, above is what I was stating, which I also found odd. I did find the wiring connector in the access hatch next to the driver. I have enough cord to reach back to the engine area so I think I will just mount it there next to the v-drive. It make more sense and there is more room to work as well. 

Is the wiring connector there for a depth gauge or ballast/bilge pump?  Take what I say with a grain of salt because I do not have a new fancy boat ha ha.  I would double check though to make sure that wire/connector is not meant for something else. 

Edited by Roush611