Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

prop puller does not fit

IMAAquaHolic

The standard prop puller doesn't fit my drive shaft area to pull the prop.  Does anyone else have this issue?  They told me the drive shaft is shorter than normal.  Will this effect performance? Is this

standard for a 2013 Malibu 22 MXZ?  We finally got it off with a torch and 2x4.  

IMG_1730_zpshkvjeajg.jpg

Also, I found this tube in my glove box when I bought the boat.... what is it? Thanks

IMG_1728_zps5n62byv4.jpg

1 minute ago, IMAAquaHolic said:

Thanks. Yeah I was gonna get a harmonic puller but the guy that helped me said it didn't really work well and wasn't worth the money.  

My father in law has one that he uses on his response.  As much as I hate hammering on a prop shaft it works very well. (I'll stick with the c style puller)

Maybe the guy who helped you is a puss when it comes to hitting it ;)

Edited by oldjeep
55 minutes ago, IMAAquaHolic said:

Thanks. Yeah I was gonna get a harmonic puller but the guy that helped me said it didn't really work well and wasn't worth the money.  

Ive been using one for about 5 years. Have yet to not pull a prop.