Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
klingsdesigns

Hit first 50 hours

Recommended Posts

klingsdesigns

I just hit 50 hours two days ago.  It says i need to do the maintenance.  Think i can wait until the end of season?  I put about 30 hours on in 3 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
85 Barefoot

I assume you did do the first service already, right?  if so, IMO, yes, depending on how hard you've used it and how much longer your season lasts.  Traditionally oil changes are every 50 hours but new hard use recs are 35.  If you had the first service done at 15, you should be ok to 65 but no longer IMO.  

Share this post


Link to post
klingsdesigns
Just now, 85 Barefoot said:

I assume you did do the first service already, right?  if so, IMO, yes, depending on how hard you've used it and how much longer your season lasts.  Traditionally oil changes are every 50 hours but new hard use recs are 35.  If you had the first service done at 15, you should be ok to 65 but no longer IMO.  

I got the boat at 15 hours or around and it had the 10 hour one done.  Most of the time its slow no wake that i get my hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
85 Barefoot

I'd think you're ok until 65 hours then.  Then at 100 it will flash, and do it then to start getting on track.  

Share this post


Link to post
RyanB
6 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I'd think you're ok until 65 hours then.  Then at 100 it will flash, and do it then to start getting on track.  

Which boat will flash when service is needed?  My 2014 hasn't (I know as I am overdue for my 2nd 100 hour service).

For the record, if most of your hours are wakeless speed, I would personally be willing to wait for the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
oldjeep
7 hours ago, klingsdesigns said:

I just hit 50 hours two days ago.  It says i need to do the maintenance.  Think i can wait until the end of season?  I put about 30 hours on in 3 weeks. 

In Lacross I assume you are getting close to done for the season.  It'll survive a few more hours, just check the oil level and have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
klingsdesigns
52 minutes ago, RyanB said:

Which boat will flash when service is needed?  My 2014 hasn't (I know as I am overdue for my 2nd 100 hour service).

For the record, if most of your hours are wakeless speed, I would personally be willing to wait for the end of the season.

2016 20vtx

8 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

In Lacross I assume you are getting close to done for the season.  It'll survive a few more hours, just check the oil level and have fun.

You would think so but i am going to push it. Few of us have wet suits.

Share this post


Link to post
oldjeep

we run until end of Oct some years, but not.many hours since it is just ski and done not any pleasure cruising. Oil change on mine is at 50 and we'll be 5-10 over at end of season. We just ski, board and cruise - no surf or any ballast so im not concerned.

Edited by oldjeep

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...