Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile Xi12DVC - impedance?

pauley71

So the Exile website is less than clear.  Is this a dual 4 ohm coil sub?  DVC tells me two coils. Guessing its 4 ohm.  Seems like info that should be easy to find so apparently I'm having a case of the Mondays.  TIA.

Edited by pauley71
58 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

So the Exile website is horrible.  Is this a dual 4 ohm coil sub?  DVC tells me two coils. Guessing its 4 ohm.  Seems like info that should be easy to find so apparently I'm having a case of the Mondays.  TIA.

Paul - sorry about your experience with the exile website. The Xi12D is indeed a Dual voice coil subwoofer. (2) 4 ohm coils. Most people use with with the Javelin amplifier. we rate it at 600W and it safely handles the power of the javelin 800W of bass output. The website also has a live attendant on there that is very technical. Can help you with enclosure design or anything in real time. 

Hope that helps.

-Brian

4 hours ago, Brianinpdx said:

Paul - sorry about your experience with the exile website. The Xi12D is indeed a Dual voice coil subwoofer. (2) 4 ohm coils. Most people use with with the Javelin amplifier. we rate it at 600W and it safely handles the power of the javelin 800W of bass output. The website also has a live attendant on there that is very technical. Can help you with enclosure design or anything in real time. 

Hope that helps.

-Brian

XI12d (in the q-bomb)?with the javelin is solid

• Like 1