Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

replacement matching carpet?

tparider

I am looking for some 2005 carpet in grey to use for covering a sub box in my boat. My dealer says that they don't have any remnants lying around, so I'd have to order a whole roll, which would be $350-400.

Anyone have any recommendations for getting 40-50 sq ft of carpet? btw - the stuff at Home Depot was cheap but looked like crap...

hmmm good call. I'm not sure I know of any carpet places around here, but I guess the yellow pages is probably inundated with them. Maybe the internet will work too. ROFL.gif

I was hoping to get "Malibu" carpet, but if it's a perfect match, I guess I don't care...

40-50 sq. ft.?

How many sub boxes you doin'? 10?

hahahah

actually, I'm doing a sub box and a fascia board that is going in front of a sub box. The board is about 9 sq ft (some extra in the for getting the edges wrapped) and the sub box is about 6-7 sq ft total for all sides if I had to guess. So that is about 16 give or take, then I wanted to have a little extra.

okay, I guess I only need about 25 sq ft. Biggrin.gif hahhaha

I asked my local stereo shop who they use to get their trunkliner and other carpets from. When I found that place they had all kinds of different colors and weaves and backing layouts. Although it wasn't an exact match, I got something that was extremely close in color and had no backing which made stretching it over the curved sub box I built a whole lot easier. In fact, the factory exact match carpet wouldn't have worked because the backing was too thick and the material didn't stretch at all. Of course, if you're doing a more basic square/rectangle type box that wouldn't be an issue. Nice part is, since it's always in the shade under the dash, it's hard to tell the color so if you're off slightly it won't show.

Interesting, my dealer was able to order the 12 sq feet I needed from the Malibu factory, I just had to pay the shipping. Not sure why they wouldn't be able to the do the same as well since the factory was willing to send whatever size I needed.

David,

I just sent you an email.

I do have a roll of gray carpet up in the attic, from my last boat, which was an 04,and I already gave some to other folks on here for various sub box projects.The only thing is, I don't know how much I have left up there, so I will have to look. You say you want 40-50 sq ft?

I will check my stash...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...