Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good Source for Registration Numbers/Letters

sunvalleylaw

Did my Idaho registration today, and paid my sales tax.  (ouch!).  Time to remove the old reflective mailbox lettering style numbers from the prior owner and start over.  time for a little heat and some goo gone.  Then, I would like blue numbers and letters to match the boat, hopefully reflective.  Was thinking a block arial italic to stay pretty consistent in style with the Malibu lettering on the boat.  This place does them for you and puts them on rub on paper spaced for you for application.  http://boatletteringtoyou.com/design/t-boat-registration-numbers/  About $10 more than ordering a set of letters/numbers from West.  Any other sources to look at?  Was planning on putting the numbers/letters under the color under the rub rail, where the prior lettering was.  

Edited by sunvalleylaw

EE74F8FE-A670-49CA-875F-1C0891526C84_zps

For reference, the boat numbers look like this now.  Prior owner has a ski school, and qualifies for the "org" designation, presumably for a discount on WA state registration fees.  You can see the block 'Mailbox" letters I want to move away from.  

13 minutes ago, DAI said:

Got mine from Domed Numbers . . . Excellent product.

20150510_163116_zpsitdqyafh.jpg

I presume they have other styles of numbering, as that style fits yours, but would look funny on mine.  I will check them out.

EDIT:  surfed over there and see they have a variety of fonts that match.  They have and old "Response" font with a break in the upper part of the letter/number, but I don't like that as it makes it hard to read.  The basic Malibu font is better, IMHO, and fits my older boat.

Edited by sunvalleylaw

Domed Numbers.  Best indicator of a good business is how they treat you when things go haywire.  My registration numbers came and looked more orange than red metal flake like I ordered.  My momma taught me that I can't wear orange and red at the same time, so I called them.   They sent me a new set for free.  I cannot say enough about that.  The new ones are a little more red, but close enough.  They also have a Malibu like font.  

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Domed Numbers!  You get a discount if your are a paid site member too.  Just place the numbers below the rubrail :whistle:

the gift that keeps on giving. :)

I will also vouch for domed numbers.  Great great service and long history of great results.

ahopkins22LSV

Might as well put another vote in for domed. They are fantastic product and great customer service. I had an issue and they took care of it no questions asked as well. I also had them make the custom emblems for our trailer this spring. 

image_77.jpeg

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Might as well put another vote in for domed. They are fantastic product and great customer service. I had an issue and they took care of it no questions asked as well. I also had them make the custom emblems for our trailer this spring. 

image_77.jpeg

Which style lettering was used for your registration numbers, and on your trailer?

Just now, ctvandy23 said:

Add another for Domed.  They look awesome and installing them can't get any easier.

Yes, it should be mentioned for those that haven' used them that the numbers all come pre-spaced on a backing kit, so installation is a breeze.   

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Domed Numbers!  You get a discount if your are a paid site member too.  Just place the numbers below the rubrail :whistle:

D1360FC9-C256-4FEF-BA17-D1979F009025_zps

I for one will not throw you under the bus for your above the rail numbers.  I think, in your case, they look good.  I will go below though.  

So, besides this place, where do the discounts apply for support?  I am probably going to do it anyway, just because of all the help I received, but good to know where to find out aboot the benifits!

Bakes, Wakemakers, Domed Numbers, BuyWake, Earmark Audio, Evolution Covers, WakeBallast, Fresh Air Exhaust and SpeakerSox.  Well worth the price admission, not to mention just the general awesome of this site!

If I hadn't been able to match the Stratosphere Flake on the white gel for my numbers, I may think harder about buying a new set and going below the rail.  But for now, it is low on my list of projects for the boat.  

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

Which style lettering was used for your registration numbers, and on your trailer?

I asked them for the 2013 Malibu font, which I believe was the same from mode 90's until 2014. There was just a tiny tweak in 14. They are extremely nice to work with, I'd call them up and talk to them about your year boat and what colors you are thinking. They have the whole Malibu color pallet to pick from. The vapor blue matches identically. And I had some previous ones that had silver flake, that was also spot on!

Here is a link to all of their Malibu registration options. But seriously, call them who knows what they can do for you. And they will email you proofs.

• 2 years later...

I need some registration Numbers for a 2009 Wakesetter VLX. I went to Domed and they have an option for 2007-2009 Wakesetter Factory Font

493487433.jpg

00e0e_362Ou3AjPvm_1200x900.jpg

Do you guys think the Factory Font above with the effects from Domed would look good on my white VLX? Or would you recommend going with a more "standard" font without the effects (maybe black)?

8 hours ago, Fish209 said:

I need some registration Numbers for a 2009 Wakesetter VLX. I went to Domed and they have an option for 2007-2009 Wakesetter Factory Font

493487433.jpg

00e0e_362Ou3AjPvm_1200x900.jpg

Do you guys think the Factory Font above with the effects from Domed would look good on my white VLX? Or would you recommend going with a more "standard" font without the effects (maybe black)?

I prefer the “Malibu” font instead of the “wakesetter” font of the era.  I think it’s easier to read, and balances out the Malibu logo in the rear of your boat.  Since your Hull is white, i think it would look good to match the finish of the Malibu logo.  

• Like 2

If your local fish cops are aggressive, they may not consider those letters to meet the definition of '3 inch block style letters' like what most states mandate.   I think most are reasonable, but those letters posted in the ad above might be considered by some to be borderline unreadable.  Is that C a G?  Is that a 7, a Z or a 2?  It might also depend on how bad the fish cop's wife made the coffee that morning.  

I also prefer the 'Malibu' font.  

Edited by TallRedRider

Awesome! I'm glad I asked. I totally see what you guys mean.

There are a bunch of Malibu Font options on DomeNumbers. Which would you suggest would look good on mine? I'm terrible at visualizing how things will end up looking :)

On 9/6/2016 at 10:24 PM, hethj7 said:

Bakes, Wakemakers, Domed Numbers, BuyWake, Earmark Audio, Evolution Covers, WakeBallast, Fresh Air Exhaust and SpeakerSox.  Well worth the price admission, not to mention just the general awesome of this site!

I had no idea we got discounts, that’s awesome!  How do we go about using it at the various sites (particularly domednumbers in this case)?  Do you have to call them and tell them or enter it when ordering or something?  I’m stoked!

6 minutes ago, IndyFerg said:

I had no idea we got discounts, that’s awesome!  How do we go about using it at the various sites (particularly domednumbers in this case)?  Do you have to call them and tell them or enter it when ordering or something?  I’m stoked!

https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/discounts.html/

Each company has a discount code in the corresponding thread. 

Edited by Pnwrider