Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slalom GLoves

bbelt

I had been out of skiing for many years.  Never had the chance to  compete or rub shoulders with high end slalom skiers but I would still call myself and aggressive recreational skier.  Picked up an 04 malibu response a few years ago and have put many good hours in at local lake getting my boys up to speed skiing and barefooting.   Currently of course I am not skiing much (spiral fractured tib/fib) which is why I am virtual skiing online.  I have been skiing a Ho Triumph and like it very much.  What are all the cool kids using for gloves these days?  The old worn out motocross gloves I have been using finally came a part shortly before my injury and so I am finally getting around to looking for a decent glove now that my ski season has been  completely ruined and over.  Suggestions?

Connelly claw looks good.  Do I really need to spend 60-70 bucks or are $30 gloves plenty good?

Used clinchers years ago but don't feel like my hands are my week spot.

Edited by bbelt

I love my Connelly Prides. Son in law likes his Straight Line True Fits. Try them on. What ever feels good. Make sure the wrist to palm section maintains a good tightness when gripping a handle.  $30 gloves won't last.

Hope your leg is back to normal.

ahopkins22LSV

It depends, basically you have the choice between Kevlar lined palms or not. I don't like the Kevlar because it seems to make me work harder to maintain my grip. I switched to Pro Gear gloves 3 seasons ago and they are by far the best gloves I have every used. They are extremely tight and grippy giving you great connection to the handle. They used to wear out quickly but I get 125+ sets out of them now, they have greatly improved. They are about $50+ shipping from my local rep if you are interested.

You really have to try a bunch on and see what you like.  I can't stand Kevlar gloves, mostly because they always seem to pinch.  I actually use HO Accurate  3/4 finger world cub gloves.  I like the padding in the palms, makes the handle feel even bigger which makes it easier for me to hold on with my bad hand.  About $40 and definitely old school style gloves

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog/Water_Ski_Gloves/Accurate_World_Cup_Glove_HH3R34/index.asp

Edited by oldjeep

I also used the Accurate World Cup gloves (full length fingers) for a couple years and liked them. A buddy is currently using a pair as well. On sale right now for $20 here..  http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog/Water_Ski_Gloves/HO_World_Cup_Gloves_HH3R35/index.asp

Really like the Radar Ergo gloves that I have used the past couple years. On sale for $32 here.. http://www.getagripwatersports.com/collections/gloves/products/2015-ergo-k-glove-daytona-blue-black

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a used pair of gloves. I think they are golf or baseball gloves. They are a sticky type of glove and do well so far for what i do. 4 bucks at play it again sports. No issues with them being used in the water. 

I have been using Radar Vice since the old clinchers left the market.  I get a lot of ski time very often and the one thing that puts a damper on it is ripped open callas hands.  I use to use super glue, duct tape, liners you name it but nothing gets threw ski sets one after another like the vice gloves.  I get them very tight but then I would get all my gloves tight. Once in the water they all loosen up. I just get them nice and wet before putting them on. No mater what gloves I have used they don't last more then a year. I just don't need to be thinking about my hands. Good gloves are a must. JMHO.    They do take a day or two to get use to the Vice type gloves but after you do they take a load off the hands.  And yes I still get callas hands but don't rip them open.