Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lake Powell

mrothwell

Well, we got back from Powell on Sunday and we had a ball. I have been several times before, but always from the Wahweap marina, this time we went from Bullfrog and got to see some new lake. Here's a few pix:

Oh, BTW - a week of skiing, a couple quick barefoot runs, and not once did I don a wakeboard, and I dont feel a bit bad about it.

I'll try to post a few more pix when I get settled down a bit.

post-135-1154464327_thumb.jpg

post-135-1154464379_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrothwell
Man I miss Powell Cry.gif We use to go 2 times a year when I lived in AZ. Been back in CA now for 5 years and no mas. Mad.gif

Nice shots BTW :)

We have our reservation for the second week in July next year! Can't wait to get back there. We're taking my cousins Tige since he lives in L.A. So no Bu' for us :( Oh well... at least we get to go Yahoo.gif

In case your wondering, we did look it up, it would be a 23 hr drive from here to take the Bu. Little too far for just a week when we already have a boat there. Maybe someday though.

What was that big blue thing behind your boat in the canyon shot??? :unsure:

It's called a glass destroyer Crazy.gif

is that its real name have you any more pics of the float?

I'm Jealous MR. We missed our trip this year - opted out. As far as I know we're invited to go again next year - and the CFO has already said yes.

BTW - Stew, you're a woose. We've made the pull twice in the last 3 years. 17 hours baby - that's why we didn't go this year. :(

Trinity here we come! You guys are killing me, I still have over a week to go before I'm off work.

BTW - Stew, you're a woose. We've made the pull twice in the last 3 years. 17 hours baby - that's why we didn't go this year. :(

Talk to me when you seven trips under your belt Tongue.gif

Our fist trip to Powell was in 1992 in our Euro skier. We beached camped and pulled stakes every morning. We went from Wahweap to Bullfrog. We explored and skied every canyon possible over six days. Didn't even have a bimini on the boat yet, that was dumb.

Edited by LS-One

I'm getting severe withdrawals too. It is such stunningly beautiful grandeur that is exciting coming in and going out. How does a day on the lake pan out when it seems there are limited places to go ashore.

What are the wakes like - is there anywhere to slalom?

When you thinking of going again?

I'm Jealous MR. We missed our trip this year - opted out. As far as I know we're invited to go again next year - and the CFO has already said yes.

Trinity here we come! You guys are killing me, I still have over a week to go before I'm off work.

Andy - are you talking Trinity up by Whiskeytown?

Had a swim in the Trinity River and found that pretty refreshing on a hot day. What is the Lake like.

Had a swim in the Trinity River and found that pretty refreshing on a hot day. What is the Lake like.

Yep that is the one. I was up up at Whiskeytown two weeks ago when it was about 113 out. The water was very refreshing since it comes out of Trinity. It's so cool that you know and visited all these places to share w/ us. :)

As soon as I can get people to committ a year in advance with money in hand a year in advance..

Talk to me when you've been there approx 15 times :) Our pull use to be about 5.5 hrs from Havasu. Yes, we left Havasu to go to Powell. :)

We've talked about doing a trip recently, heck even tried to rally a group for a crewmember that had to cancel a HB there. Just haven't been able to make it happen.

Yep that is the one. I was up up at Whiskeytown two weeks ago when it was about 113 out. The water was very refreshing since it comes out of Trinity. It's so cool that you know and visited all these places to share w/ us. :)

It was a great day and I remember it being over 100F - the river was cool to get into but worth it.

DSCN0884.jpg

This was 4 August 2005.

That picture brings back good memories from last year. There's a rock formation up from Whiskeytown where you can jump into the river. High enough for the kids to get a thrill (15 feet maybe) - it's the cool water that thrills the adults.

Can't wait!

As soon as I can get people to committ a year in advance with money in hand a year in advance..

Now that would be a great WOW!!!!!! I'ld be in for that. You know some of the really nice HB's on the lake are available for private rental as well..... Either way, It would have to be a nice boat, I'm sicl of these POS rentals that we have gotten lately.....

You could safely put us down if I have a year to plan for it :)

Now that would be a great WOW!!!!!! I'ld be in for that. You know some of the really nice HB's on the lake are available for private rental as well..... Either way, It would have to be a nice boat, I'm sicl of these POS rentals that we have gotten lately.....

We would be in for that as well. I've been dying to do a HB trip on Powell.

We would be in for that as well. I've been dying to do a HB trip on Powell.

Well that's 6 :)