Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

blank maliview

A-hole

whent out last week .about 5 minutes in the screen goes blank.Then by the end of the day (4 hours) screen is back.went out yesterday it is out from the start.near the end some lines come on screen.Any ideas or guesses?Is the screen dead?This is a 2010 23 lsv wakesetter.

The blue cable push plugs into the black box (RFX-3000) receptacle in the battery compartment and pushes into and a plastic collar screws onto the back side of the Malivue center mass. I would be inclined to believe that the problem is where the blue cable plugs into that POS RFX-3000 having fought with damn thing for almost 7 years now! 

• 9 months later...

Strange problem today - Maliview worked fine on the trailer ... drove 2km to the ramp and put the boat in the water and its blank. Further investigation shows its not dead and you can see the various screens if you look carefully - its just very dull. Its like the screens backlight has gone. 

Anyone come across this before ?

A couple things come to mind. Low voltage less than a solid 12v to the dash and I lost some functions on the screen, battery connection issue in my case. The blue MV screen cable that connects the MV to the black box might be loose. It plugs into the BB behind the amp board (poor design and execution) and it actually is inserted into the MV and has a threaded collar that secures it to the back side of the screen, most likely not the issue. Lastly the computer "has issues". I would check all of the connections and the voltage at e dash first.

On 11/06/2017 at 0:07 AM, dalt1 said:

Not in night mode is it? Are both screens dark or just one?

I wondered that but sadly no. The MTC is fine (apart from the bubbles forming on it but lets not go there ... !) 

Curiously after 1.5 days of no Maliview, I started the boat yesterday morning and it worked again! Worked the rest of the day not problems at all!

So now I don't know where I am with it.

I did pull the dash out and pulled off the connectors etc and reseated them etc but it didn't make any difference (at the time anyway)

I'm yet to try the suggestions from wdr above.

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2017 at 6:08 AM, Punyelroo said:

Strange problem today - Maliview worked fine on the trailer ... drove 2km to the ramp and put the boat in the water and its blank. Further investigation shows its not dead and you can see the various screens if you look carefully - its just very dull. Its like the screens backlight has gone. 

Anyone come across this before ?

I am having the same issue. Screen worked fine a week ago. Put the boat on the trailer and went out this weekend and maliview screen is so dim it's almost unusable. Closest dealer is a 3 hour drive. Would like to try to diagnose it myself. Any luck diagnosing yours? Have you had any more trouble with it?

Mine does it at the beginning of the season or after not having run the boat for a bit. Low voltage on the battery is what does it for me. 

6 hours ago, Rechromed2 said:

Mine does it at the beginning of the season or after not having run the boat for a bit. Low voltage on the battery is what does it for me. 

Mine was fine on the trailer before I even started the boat that trip, when I powered it up and checked the fuel level.

It was very faint after I had started the boat so I'd have assumed the voltage at that point would be OK given the boat was running. It stayed that way for the rest of the day then was OK the next morning. 

Not saying low voltage isn't the issue but it does not seem to line up with my symptoms ...

Went out this last weekend and it was fine.

Edited by Punyelroo

Voltage is definitely not an issue for me either. 

Called the dealer today and they told me the screen needs to be replaced. He cut me a deal at $1,800. FML

Will report if this fixes the problem.

Try some electrical connection grease from Auto store for all connections. Check plugs for corrosion, and u can use some electrical connection cleaner in all connectors and pins of boards ect.. then apply di electric grease on all connections. Was a tech for 20 years and fixed many a issue by that process. Unplug the connections, Cleaner, connection grease...fixed problems.  Hope it works for ya, beats $800