Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 24mxz demo report

Capdoogie

11 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Maybe in a month when I bring it up for winterizing I'll have to come up early for one last wetsuit surf off back to back..

Swing by white lake. Then I'll just help you winterize it. 

On 9/9/2016 at 2:54 PM, TallRedRider said:

I guess if you can't believe what owners of the boat have to say, who can you believe?  It is not 'decent and rideable', it is terrific stock, so most people do not add to it.  

I started a poll for you on PlanetNautique.  It looks like so far, 12 of 18 G23 owners put less than 500 pounds of ballast on top of stock.  That is 66% with very little ballast.  This also includes owners of 2013-15, where ballast makes a bigger improvement.  When I keep repeating that 'most' people don't add supplemental ballast to the G23, this is what I am talking about.  And I am very much confident that we are polling the 1 percenters.  Average Joe on the lake is extremely pleased with the wave stock.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/general-nautique-discussion/499803-do-you-add-extra-ballast-to-surf-your-g23

The picture above looks exactly like my wave...with zero ballast.  

That's cool. I respect that feedback.

Do you think the results would be different if Nautique would have included PNP hoses to add more weight easily? I think so. Nobody wants to throw pumps over the side. But if I can add some sacs and have them fill automatically without worrying, I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Alright, I got the chance to crawl around the 22,24 mxz today. I have 1-2 gripes and that's it. These boats are a home run! I didn't get pics of these gripes because the dealer spokesperson was there and out of respect I didn't point any of them out or take pics of them. My first gripe was the bolster seat was not centered when in the down position. It was slightly to the right. (I'm picky about my boats.) #2 is the release on the flip up seat backs. While a minor gripe, I'd rather it be a mechanism that you don't have to touch. Just pull it up a bit and it releases. Also, I was on the 23LSV and the glove box door seemed loose. I could push and pull it and it would move 1/4-1/2". I know it would rattle in chop. I also didn't like how the shock hinge on the passenger seat bench seat that flips up is mounted. Seems like it would get in the way of bigger objects going in there. Seems like it could have been mounted to the left 1" more. The screens all worked flawless. 

**side note**

I was able to crawl around a G23 back to back with the bu. The 17' screen on the G series is much improved! Seemed about 1-2" bigger. 

The glove box door thing is common.  I've been in 4 23s and they all do that.  Seems like a really simple oversight in design.

I really wanted a new 23 but I'll have to wait until the redesign.  I went new MXZ as its really 'evolved' compared to the 2014-2015 LSV interior.  The increased stock ballast is nice too.

• Like 1