Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 wedge calibration

ChainSetter

I just got a 2015 247 dealer demo 1.1 hours.  Every thing seemed to be working until I turned off auto wedge ( it was giving high speed wedge warnigs over 25mph) Now the wedge is all screwed up.  It tells me to check wedge calibration but there is no option for that.  Under power wedge on the MTC screen it only has an option for auto wedge on or off.  It is unresponsive to the sport knob.  It sometimes moves with the dash touch screen switch but won't stow completely and asks for calibration

My 2016 23 lsv did the same thing after using the wedge a few times. We were a long way from the marina, so I just continued and knew any problem would be covered by warranty plus I was not aware of any wedge calibration. Eventually it quit doing it and I didn't do anything but just ignore the warnings. I was receiving the message about every 5 -10 minutes probably at least a dozen times before it stopped popping up on my screen.

I also remember it didn't want to stow, but finally did. When I was receiving the same warning, I knew the wedge was stowed so I just didn't worry about the warnings.  I haven't had any problems since. 

Go to the settings menu on your 7 inch screen, select debug assist and put the wedge all the way down (to the lift position) using the controls on the 12 inch screen, joystick pad or using the minus icon on the debug assist screen.  The wedge voltage should be 0.51 to 0.53 with wedge down.  To adjust, losen the two screws on the sensor on the starboard wedge arm and pivot the sensor to change the voltage on the debug screen. Tighen the screws when it is in the correct range.  If the bolt under the sensor is loose, it may need to be tightened so the sensor adjustment will not vary.  The wedge can be lifted using the plus icon on the debug screen.

• Thanks 2

Cleaver you have got to be a Malibu tech or something that was awesome! Seems to have fixed my issue for now. You have no idea  how much trouble you have saved me. Thanks!!! Any idea why auto bilge keeps flashing when there is no water in the bilge?

Well it was fixed. We got the calibration set and it worked for about a week. All the sudden today it won't go down. No alarms but I can't even get it to move down in the debug screen. The wedge is sitting all the way up. I can hit the plus sign and I hear the hydraulic go for a half second. Minus does nothing nor does the on screen control or the joystick. Any more ideas? Also checked the 5 amp fuse under the dash and reset the 40 amp by the motor.

Edited by ChainSetter

The fuse boxes under the dash has a wedge up and wedge down fuse.  Each has a bypass position next to the fuse.  If you insert a good fuse into the bypass position for wedge down, it should move.  The fuse cover has the fuse position and bypass position number on it that corresponds to the correct position on the fuse board. The power button must be on and fuse box led blinking.  If it does not move, there may be a wiring, connection or power/fuse box issue.  If it moves, you may have an issue with the 7 inch viper 2.  Is your debug screen wedge position at 200 and voltage near 3.5 when the wedge is up? 

See if the date tag on the back of your 7 inch viper 2 is between 02/06/15 to 07/31/15.  Some of them had issues and your dealer can help you with it.

• 3 years later...

The debug assist screen should read 199 to 200 and 3.50 to 3.60 V when the wedge is all the way up in the stow position and it should read 0 to 1 and 0.50 to 0.53 V when the wedge is in the full down lift position.

Is that what yours is reading?

The '+' and '-' icons on the debug assist screen can be used to lift or lower the wedge for testing.  The wedge will go up a little each time you touch +, and down a little each time you touch -. 

If the wedge does not move, first check the wedge breaker which should be in the engine compartment under the center rear cockpit seat.  Otherwise, there may be a faulty or loose connector, plug, breaker, wire, relay pack, viper screen, a problem with the actuator, or a more physical problem with the wedge like a broken or missing fastener.

Mine reads 200 and 3.5-3.6 in both the up and down position. I’m able to Move it up and down with the (-) &(+) buttons. The fuses are both good. It was working fine until I took the wedge off to have some of the cracks welded. I’ve tried adjusting the sensor but with no luck. Anything else I can try? It’s 4 weeks before I can get it into the closet boat shop. 

There is a bolt with a magnet in it behind the wedge sensor, make sure it is installed correctly, and tight enough that it does not spin on its own.  If it has moved, you may need to rotate it to a position that will allow you to move the sensor into the correct adjustment voltage range.

• Thanks 1

I did not realize that the bolt had a magnet in it. My bolt stripped and I just replaced it with a 2.5in stainless bolt. I’m having a hard tome finding it online and the local boat shop says 2-3weeks. Any ideas?

• 9 months later...

anyone know where to find wiring/fuse diagram fro malibu 23lsv 2016 trying to locate fuse for power wedge the no labeled fuse for it under the dash

• 2 years later...

I am also looking for a fuse and/or circuit breaker for the wedge actuator.

I tested the wedge actuator by disconnecting it from the boat wiring harness and then jumping 12vdc to the green & blue wires then reversing polarity running the wedge through the full range of movement up and down without any issues.

When the actuator is connected to the wiring harness in the boat the debug screen +/- buttons do not work.  Does the engine have to be running to move the wedge in debug mode?

@DB63 what’s going on with your boat?  The fact that you got the actuator moving both ways is encouraging, as those actuators are expensive. 
The debug screen should work without the engine on iirc.

If it’s not moving at all, you might just need a software reflash/update.

I don’t know where the specific wedge fuses are.  Pretty sure there’s a main one in the fuse panel behind the lower screen.  

it could also be that you need a new wedge relay/harness.  Think that usually runs about $300

The welds failed on the wedge at the pivot points resulting in the actuator and position sensor wiring being partially severed.

I found the circuit breaker under the center aft seat and after resetting it the actuator works properly.

I adjusted the position sensor to obtain 0.5V in the lift position and 3.5V in the stowed position.

Next is a lake test.