Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Time to upgrade. Need some crew input.

AzBu

Ok currently we have an 06 VLX and as much as I love it we have just out grown it.

So the story is we have four boys ages 4 to 10, two dogs (70 lbs each) and the 2 of us. We are on the water 3-4 times a week. Everyone is learning to ride and surf. I go ride with the guys a couple times a week and she has taken up surfing and is addicted. We have friends with a G23 and we ride with them regularly but we took an X23 out on a demo this week and she fell in love with the surf wave (Yes it's true is better than a Gs) but the storage is well...meh. We are going to take out a 24 MXZ this next week and possibly a 25 LSV. We have narrowed it down to the Gs, the X23, the 24 MXZ and 25 LSV. (1st world problems I know) so I'm coming to the Crew for some help. I know some of you will be biased as am I but she has no brand loyalty and has a laundry list of things she would like to have. The MC is super easy for her to prep alone, easy tower, super simple bimini and comfy seating. The Gs have storage for days but are a little tall (only have a 8'2" garage door) and well Malibus are just roomy as you can get (and the boat I have always wanted.) But being a family of riders, future riders, and surfers we want a boat that will last for many years and a few hours. 

Thanks in advance,

Simon

Simon,

It is personal preference! Each boat has strengths and weaknesses.   My personal favorite is the 24 MXZ,  it is phenomenal!  Tons of room,  storage and produces amazing wakes and waves.   

If you have outgrown your boat you obviously have a big crew.  The Malibu's have the ability to go quad racks, with 2 boards in the Bimini,  that gives you room to store 10 boards without eating any storage!  This was a big deal to me

However for service, you will not find a better shop than Boulder Boats

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

There have been a few threads recently about the 25 LSV and hands down it gets my vote. The 24 mxz, especially the new one would be a very strong competition as well but the 25 just blew me and every single person I took out in it away! I demod it and drove it for an event so I had about 40 people in the boat throughout the weekend. 

Neither would be a bad choice though. @DarkSide's 24 MXZ is one of the baddest boats I've seen, online, not in person. Maybe some day though!