Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Malibu overheating at idle after new impeller

Twitch02x

Finally got a chance to get back on the water after the prop shaft change and dripless seal install, also put in a new impeller. Everything ran well and have no leaks, but now the engine starts to quickly get to 200 if idling. If I bump the throttle up to 1200-1500 the temp quickly starts going back to 160. My old impeller looked pretty decent, no missing ribs and didn't look worn at all. Boat used to run at 160 all the time.

over the last week or 2 I have ran the boat on the Waterhose fitting under backseat quite a bit while flushing the oil and tranny fluid from getting water in from the prop shaft accident. I do remember the 1st time I ran it on hose after new impeller I barely had the valve open at my faucet and the boat got to 200 but I killed it once it got to 200 and realized the issue.

not sure if it's just a coincidence or if something I did is wrong.

Edited by Twitch02x