Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"If I hear the word "boat" again....."

dppendar

8 minutes ago, dppendar said:

Let me state that my wife is very tolerant... That being said....  I ordered my new boat in the fall of 2015.  It was delivered in February of 2016 and of course, I couldn't wait to put it to use.  I must have talked about it non-stop from October-April when we could finally get some hours on it.

Basically, anyone that would listen had an earful of all the coolness that is the new boat.  pics to follow.  (of course). 

So, around May, wifey says if she hears the word "boat" again, I will need to find some new living arrangements!  Half joking --- I hoped!

Cue my brilliant idea:  Instead of the word "boat"... I would say one of my favorite words(it's just anatomy after all)...."nipple"  ... that way I'm not saying "boat"

For example, "I'm going down to the nipple and take it for a spin" .. I thought this was a riot as did the rest of my family(ok, only me).  Did get a smile out of the wife!  My co-workers(who had heard all about it) jumped on this and hatched a plan.  see the following pics.  They ordered a sticker and to their credit, it was in the correct font!  They put that on without me knowing and it took a few days before I noticed it.  Had a few fisherman come by the dock and told me it looked like I was living right!

IMG_4791.JPG.7e28a97fa7258ce6939be12d35c

here are the other pics of "nipple"

IMG_4611.JPG.71e85dd3f34145eaac02bea4432IMG_4608.JPG.060ffb4199204cc11b5b65069e2

love the charcoal metallic.

25 minutes ago, REW said:

So what does the Wife think?

She was gracious enough for me to keep it on for about 2 weekends. Once we started having friends over (and their kids) it was time to retire the sticker!  I put it on the golf cart. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sixer said:

What if it was above the rubrail, would you allow it then?  ;)  Sorry, I couldn't resist.

:notworthy:

Edited by hethj7
  • Like 3

We stuck a super classy and sparkly sticker saying "sparkles" on my father in laws bass boat. It brings a smile to my face and grumble from him each time we venture to the cabin.

That is a VERY PRETTY NIPPLE!  I love that we can say that on here...  This forum is my favorite part of "me" time.

Edited by BadgerBoater55

That's awesome.  Had a neighbor buy a new Chevy Silverado and did the same thing, his wife was so sick of him talking about his Silverado she sent him in the garage for a bit.  Sure enough Scott pulled out the manual and read through it cover to cover, and realized his in dash controller is referenced as a "DIC"....well now he tell everyone about his "DIC" and how impressed he is with it.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, mountaineerhill said:

I get asked my boats name every time I bring it out. I need to do something like this!

See, there's your problem.. She's a her, not an It.  whats her name?

My kids and their friends were out on the dock one day trying to decide what MLS meant. They had a contest to see who could come up with something so my boats name is Malibu Le Sexy and a sticker was already on her!!

On September 2, 2016 at 8:25 PM, dppendar said:

Let me state that my wife is very tolerant... That being said....  I ordered my new boat in the fall of 2015.  It was delivered in February of 2016 and of course, I couldn't wait to put it to use.  I must have talked about it non-stop from October-April when we could finally get some hours on it.

Basically, anyone that would listen had an earful of all the coolness that is the new boat.  pics to follow.  (of course). 

So, around May, wifey says if she hears the word "boat" again, I will need to find some new living arrangements!  Half joking --- I hoped!

Cue my brilliant idea:  Instead of the word "boat"... I would say one of my favorite words(it's just anatomy after all)...."nipple"  ... that way I'm not saying "boat"

For example, "I'm going down to the nipple and take it for a spin" .. I thought this was a riot as did the rest of my family(ok, only me).  Did get a smile out of the wife!  My co-workers(who had heard all about it) jumped on this and hatched a plan.  see the following pics.  They ordered a sticker and to their credit, it was in the correct font!  They put that on without me knowing and it took a few days before I noticed it.  Had a few fisherman come by the dock and told me it looked like I was living right!

IMG_4791.JPG.7e28a97fa7258ce6939be12d35c

here are the other pics of "nipple"

IMG_4611.JPG.71e85dd3f34145eaac02bea4432IMG_4608.JPG.060ffb4199204cc11b5b65069e2

Love that nipple!