Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Prop Problem...

I have a 1996 Echelon LX that had the original stainless 13X13 prop on it up until last week.  I thought the boat ran good with it on, but there was a small amount of vibration at low throttle that I thought a new prop would fix.  I didn't have any issues popping 5K RPM's and really felt like it pulled hard all the way through.

So I bought the Acme 515 after talking with the technicians at their shop and the thing runs like a dog now.  I went for a night ride on a SMOOTH AS SILK lake near me in Michigan that has a very slight current because it's dammed.  Regardless....I can BARELY pull 4500 RPM now....and that's being generous.  I dropped almost 8 mph and can hardly touch 35 mph.  When I returned, WITH the current, I could hardly touch 36 mph, with my RPM's still floating between 4K and 4,500.

Has anyone had this issue??  I thought the new prop was going to give me much more pulling power, and more top speed. 

The dark horse here is that my battery sat with the interior lights on for a few hours by accident before I took it out but it still read 12.2 volts on the digital readout. 

Any help would be much appreciated