Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Zip slide???

smooth as glass

Does anyone have or seen a zip sled??? A friend was asking bout one. I believe its a knee board type deal kids stand on, learning to ski. Plastic and orange as I recall. Would be interested in buying if you have one in the garage. Or suggest where to look.

I have one. It got used more in the winter than it ever did in the water. Works great behind a snowmobile.

Just for kicks, I tried it again a couple years back. Couldn't get up on the thing at 6'5" 220. :)

I have one. It got used more in the winter than it ever did in the water. Works great behind a snowmobile.

Just for kicks, I tried it again a couple years back. Couldn't get up on the thing at 6'5" 220. :)

We used to have a ball on it!

zipsled.jpg

Is that what that thing is called? My neighbor has one and the only water it ever sees is the frozen variety. Bought it off some guy who owned a Tige. ;)

I have a blue one sitting in front of our VLX, it's been in the boat house for ... well since I was a little kid. I have one on the way, so I'm not quite willing to part with it.

I might remember to take a picture this weekend though

I grew up riding an orange one (Bob Sked), and a yellow one (looked like a big, fat "H"). There are two blue types, both called Zip Sleds by the Gen'l Plastics Co.--Admiral Zip Sled and Capt. Zip Sled. We have one and would love to find a Bob Sked. I'm on the lookout for another of any of the varieties.

Here are some pictures.

4yroldkidonZipSled05-2005.jpg

ZipSledAd.jpg

BobSked.jpg

Ok for clarification...

Zip Sleds are blue.

Bob Skeds are yellow and orange.

Edited by LS-One

Are you looking for something like this?

Ski Skimmer

I'm intending to get one of these for my 2 year old and drag her around the pool the rest of the summer, then onto the lakes next spring.

BTW, the $165 winning bid is high...they usually sell for $99.00 new. Doesn't anyone check retail prices of stuff before they buy it on E-Bay Crazy.gif

Edited by rts

Thanks gents , just the info I was seeking. really appreciate it. est tx where did u find the colored advertisement?

Thanks gents , just the info I was seeking. really appreciate it. est tx where did u find the colored advertisement?

Somebody posted it on the MC forum a while back. I've been looking for one for a long time.

Schliterbahn (sp) water park in New Braunfels, TX used to have hundreds of the Bob Skeds for this ride where you rode them down a slide. I called them a year ago and they had dismantled the ride and destroyed or disposed of all the Bob Skeds.

As for the skimmer, at least with regard to Overtons, they are out of stock. I'm wondering if they've been sued out of production like the Zip Sleds were ???

Found a bunch of pictures of us riding Bob Skeds in the mid 80s. Very few ultra close ups of the equipment. But there is an yellow one and an orange one. Will try to post them soon.

I saw a Hydroslide Powerboard at The Sports Authority today that looks like it might fit the bill. It looked substantially more floaty than the Skimmer although not as well made. It is pretty cheap also.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ind...p;kw=powerboard

powerboard.jpg

I came across one of those a year or so back. This one looks a littlle more well built than the one I remember seeing. May need to give it another look. The floatation shouldn't be much of an issue. With the little ones, it just means you don't need to go too fast in order to get it to plane out.

The admiral zip sled had holes in the rear to let water in to sink the rear end a little bit. Keeps it pretty stable. I don't recall the Bob Skeds having that feature, but ICBW.

I saw a Hydroslide Powerboard at The Sports Authority today that looks like it might fit the bill. It looked substantially more floaty than the Skimmer although not as well made. It is pretty cheap also.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/ind...p;kw=powerboard

powerboard.jpg

I came across one of those a year or so back. This one looks a littlle more well built than the one I remember seeing. May need to give it another look. The floatation shouldn't be much of an issue. With the little ones, it just means you don't need to go too fast in order to get it to plane out.

The admiral zip sled had holes in the rear to let water in to sink the rear end a little bit. Keeps it pretty stable. I don't recall the Bob Skeds having that feature, but ICBW.

fwiw, I saw one of these at Boaters World a couple of weeks ago in Portland. Less than $100, ~$50 iirc

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is still looking

New Ski skimmer/trainer so far a bit better than the $350 used one. I thought we would have used one of these, but my 3 year old was able to get up last year for short rides, and now he goes 10-15 minutes on the shaped o'brien trainers with cross bar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Water-ski-trainer-boar...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 years later...
Does anyone have or seen a zip sled??? A friend was asking bout one. I believe its a knee board type deal kids stand on, learning to ski. Plastic and orange as I recall. Would be interested in buying if you have one in the garage. Or suggest where to look.

Hello, doing a search and found your post wanting a BOBSKED. I just listed one on

CRAIGSLIST (St. louis and Columbia, MO) [email protected]

My email is [email protected]

• 8 months later...

what's up-i've got an admiral zip sled that i'd consider selling.let's get a few things straight.1-it is blue.2-they do not sell them at overton's or anywhere else for that matter,they are vintage and that is that.3-it is a cadillac compared to a bobsked or any other chew toy you think is cool.4-if you are towing behind a boat you should fashion some kind of a plug for the hole.it is a bad a** sled why weigh it down, water weighs 8 lbs per gallon.4-this sled is in MINT condition,with original yellow nylon rope.it was ridden once in snow almost forty years ago.5-if you want to be BMOC,you will pay 350 plus shipping.serious replies only-get in touch and we'll talk by phone-thanks