Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Prop Thread with Chart

The Hulk

Great read and thanks for the information.  I'm new to the crew.  We just got a used 2016 25LSV with the Super Charged motor.  I'm running the stock 2277 prop.  Full factory ballast plus the plug and play 750's in the rear lockers and 500 lbs of lead. Surfing at 11.4 mph.  Wave is awesome and I'm turning around 3900 RPM's was thinking about ordering an OJ 15x16.5 to get the RPM's a little lower.

malibu25lsv.JPG

• Like 3

with the beast motor you def need to pitch way up!!!

2277 is or should be the standard for the 450hp and you can pitch up a bit higher than that, torque prop came with mine which is less pitch than the 2277 and i need to order a higher pitch, i was going to order a 2277 but im going to try and get something with a 16.5-17" pitch. 

with the SC engine you should or could probably go well up to 18" pitch and really drop your rpms by 500 probably. 

im considering the ACME 2401 which is 15*17.75"    i'm a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on this one, a few on here are running this 2401 with less than the 450hp but seems to struggle a hair. i have the 450 so i think i would be fine but i'd prefer to be on the safe side and drop to something with a 17" max pitch. You on the other hand would safely be able to handle the 2401 with that SC engine, plus you ahve lower gear ratio as well so your RPMS will be far lowre than the rest of us already with the gears and then going up to this 15*17.75

if i were you with the SC this would be my "first" go-to prop. (ACME 2401 or 2367) your cruise rpms will/should drop significantly as well.  only difference between the two props is .105 vs .150 cup. frankly with the SC i'd probably shoot for the ACME 2367

Edited by The Hulk

Thanks for the input.  I'm a little hesitant to go all the way up to 15x17.75.  I think I'm going to get a 15x16.5 and see how that goes.  The great people at OJ props will let me send it back if it doesn't accomplish my needs and will swap it out for another one. My usual altitude is 900 feet. Occasionally we go to 4,500 maybe twice a year.  As a side note do you think the FAE is a good idea? From my pic you can see the exhaust and occasionally you can smell the exhaust while surfing. 

IMG_4269.PNG

Edited by Dfowkes

I have been trying the 2401 on a 2017 LSV with a 450. I would love to keep the prop on the boat as it's a great cruising prop. It handles the surfing and wakeboard duties reasonably well however is about out of throttle at 10.6, wedge two clicks down, full internal and 1500 PNP. Adding a 650 bow sack helps the 2401 out and gives some additional throttle with 500 lbs of passengers. Fuel consumption is higher then the 2277 and I feel the engine is working a bit to hard for my taste. I will go back to the 2277. The OJ props that are between the 2277 and 2401 I suspect would be the sweet spot. Pic is wiIMG_1093_zpslsjl9cpa.jpgth the 2401 in above configuration.

Edited by Sailvi767
Picture
  • Like 2
On 5/13/2017 at 10:34 AM, Sailvi767 said:

I have been trying the 2401 on a 2017 LSV with a 450. I would love to keep the prop on the boat as it's a great cruising prop. It handles the surfing and wakeboard duties reasonably well however is about out of throttle at 10.6, wedge two clicks down, full internal and 1500 PNP. Adding a 650 bow sack helps the 2401 out and gives some additional throttle with 500 lbs of passengers. Fuel consumption is higher then the 2277 and I feel the engine is working a bit to hard for my taste. I will go back to the 2277. The OJ props that are between the 2277 and 2401 I suspect would be the sweet spot. Pic is wiIMG_1093_zpslsjl9cpa.jpgth the 2401 in above configuration.

You just confirmed my fear of that prop.. def need to hit something in between on pitch.. I think i owe u some beers now!!