Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fault Codes

Super Dave3

My 2014 Axis has spent most of the summer in the shop and I am done taking it to the dealer. What do I need to get to be able to retrieve the codes myself and where do I get it?

6 minutes ago, Super Dave3 said:

My 2014 Axis has spent most of the summer in the shop and I am done taking it to the dealer. What do I need to get to be able to retrieve the codes myself and where do I get it?

Doesn't the axis display the active and non-active fault codes in the main display panel like a Malibu does?

Edit - look at page 2-5 in your manual and you'll see the Check Fault codes menu item.

Edited by oldjeep
Just now, oldjeep said:

Doesn't the axis display the active and non-active fault codes in the main display panel like a Malibu does?

Edit - look at page 2-5 in your manual and you'll see the Check Fault codes menu item.

No, my Axis has no way of retrieving the codes.

53 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

IF that is true and the manual is wrong - weird.  But then you need the diacom software for your laptop or the dedicated scan tool ($500-$600)

http://www.rinda.com/marine/diacommarine.htm

Another reason to hope my old boat lasts.  I can make a code reader for $10 or buy one for $65 from Michigan Moterz.

Just now, minnmarker said:

Another reason to hope my old boat lasts.  I can make a code reader for $10 or buy one for $65 from Michigan Moterz.

Yeah, but the code reader isn't the real reason to have the software it is the ability to see and log in real-time all of the sensor outputs.  Would be nice to be able to use my $20 OBD2 code reader and $25 software that I use on my truck with the boat though ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I have a 2016 axis a22 with the 350 monsoon. I want to know how to troubleshoot the accel pedal/lever sensor 2 code. It is an active fault

On 8/31/2016 at 10:41 AM, Super Dave3 said:

Under the settings in the tach there is a selection to view fault codes. Push and hold both buttons for a few secs to go into settings. 

But to trouble shoot it you need diacom so you can see in real time and you can see all the parameters that were going on in the freeze frame section. There may be codes that dont show in the settings menu on the tach.

Edited by COOP
1 hour ago, Rms98 said:

I have a 2016 axis a22 with the 350 monsoon. I want to know how to troubleshoot the accel pedal/lever sensor 2 code. It is an active fault

Please see my last post.

• 1 month later...

What code was coming up? My 2014 axis comes up with spn 94 fmi 17. Which is supposedly something to do with fuel pressure. I replaced the fuel filter and it lasted for maybe 10-20 hrs before it came back. @COOP

Edited by Swade