Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tsunami Wake Gate (Suction - $159

sidekicknicholas

Just now, racer808 said:

When is someone going to make the plate adjustable to different angles?

Looks like that one has 2 positions for the "gate"

9 minutes ago, Kmfish87 said:

Looks like that one has 2 positions for the "gate"

Web site says 3 positions.  This has me very curious & the price is right, think I am just going to buy one

• Like 1

If I hadn't already built my own working gate, I would give the Tsunami a try.

Has anyone contacted to see if they're in stock, backordered, or built to order?

28 minutes ago, Chatty21VLX said:

If I hadn't already built my own working gate, I would give the Tsunami a try.

Has anyone contacted to see if they're in stock, backordered, or built to order?

He & I are talking, he responded really quick to me & seems straight forward.  I will ask about lead times.  I am going to order either way, I've wasted 5x money on a night at the strip club with nothing but the scent of cheap perfume glitter & a mad wife, at least I'll have something to show for it this time.  But seriously, I like the design, adjustability, the look, his pricing is right.  I think this guy hit a homerun with his product, we'll see how it works. 

Edited by racer808
  • Like 2

the strange thing is this is not a photograph its a computer rendering for the image.. which makes me believe 1. its not finished yet? or 2. their computer rendering is better than their photography skills so they just stuck with the computer rendering shots because its way easier than photography and cropping?

i must say though for the price and looks of it, its by far the best looking and probably the best built solution i've seen! i feel sorry for all the other companies doing it they are going to get slashed by this thing at the price point.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shadetreefab said:

@racer808 share lead times when you find out, going to give it a try.

Right now depends on what color you want.  Black, white, translucent blue is what he has on hand, is waiting on other colors.  Right now about 4-5 days to make & ship as he has gotten slammed.  I just ordered mine, should have it before next weekend to play with

• Like 1
17 hours ago, The Hulk said:

the strange thing is this is not a photograph its a computer rendering for the image.. which makes me believe 1. its not finished yet? or 2. their computer rendering is better than their photography skills so they just stuck with the computer rendering shots because its way easier than photography and cropping?

i must say though for the price and looks of it, its by far the best looking and probably the best built solution i've seen! i feel sorry for all the other companies doing it they are going to get slashed by this thing at the price point.

Well. Apparently my Tsunami name was copied.

Oh well.  Good thing I bought the TsunamiGate.com domain name while back. Although I had no intention to market or sell them en masse. Don't want the headache of a cease and desist letter from the Mission Delta attorneys.

I have to admit, that is a very cool design  

^^. My exact observations. CAD redering and unsure how you secure the front plunger closest to the plate. 

Edited by Clutch-n-Throttle

my guess is that the front "or back" sunction depending on what your referring to the one on the right in above photo. you probably hold it at an angle put the sunction cup on and then pull it back to where the second sunction cup attaches to the boat, the swivel they have is probably what pulls the suction cup up instead of the lever. as for the other suction cup.. got me maybe ther is a lever under there. i could be wrong but if that sucton cup works in that manor i would think the bottom corner of the metal to be slightly more rounded.

8 hours ago, Pepper14 said:

I have s 2007 waksetter vlx and I made something similar to this but could not get suction cups to stick, so how is this going to work

Are you able to get one cup sucked down but not the other?  Took me a while to figure out how to suck mine down, I put the front cup down & then push forward just a lil & that latches it down tight, the back cup then just sucks down easy.

After looking at the design, I think I figured out how to mount it.  Let's designate that the plate is the front of the device.

I guess you first pull out the the two front pins( the pivot pin and the angle pin). You mount the suction handle onto the boat first. Then you put the plate on the handle and insert the pins.   There is no way to put your hand down the front part of the device to press down on the front plunger lever.  The pins have to come out first  

There is a translucent drawing of the device in the shop section for the stainless hardware. It shows what going on for the front plunger. Couldn't get a picture of it.  

18 hours ago, racer808 said:

Right now depends on what color you want.  Black, white, translucent blue is what he has on hand, is waiting on other colors.  Right now about 4-5 days to make & ship as he has gotten slammed.  I just ordered mine, should have it before next weekend to play with

Did you pay the extra $30 for stainless hardware?    http://www.tsunamiwakes.com/product-page/8fe8f05f-951e-1563-b917-88adf8284543

30 minutes ago, John I. said:

Did you pay the extra $30 for stainless hardware?    http://www.tsunamiwakes.com/product-page/8fe8f05f-951e-1563-b917-88adf8284543

I bought the Full Meal Deal, felt the stainless was worth it

1 hour ago, Pepper14 said:

Well I didn't try pushing down on the cups maybe that's the problem. The cups dont st flush on boat due to a slight curve on hull. Gonna try again 

Can you put it further down the hull?  My suck gate sits below the water line for me to avoid the curve in my hull, still works great

I can't speak for this specific device, but its really similar (just much nicer looking) to my home-made one and that works great on an 04' LSV.

What Sidekick just said.  Another company popped up on Facebook making ghetto versions of these gates for $100.00.  They're nothing more than HDPE screwed & glued together, it looks like a $100.00 gate.  Wonder what else is coming out in the surf world?