Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'08 WAKESETTER VLX MISFIRE

board2death

Hey gents i have an 08 wakesetter vlx with the 340 monsoon motor. out on the water last weekend it would occasionally  want to bog down and not accellerate past 2000 rpm when taking off pulling a board, gave me an engine code of cylinder 2 misfire. I havent dug to into the motor yet as i have never serviced a 340 monsoon i assume its probably plug/wire/d-cap related but i was wondering if any of you all have had this issue in the past as well as what the usual culprits are.  - Thanks Dylan

Plug, wires, cap/rotor or maybe a bad injector.

My recent cylinder misfire was a corroded cap and a bad plug wire

If you don't know when the last time plugs/wires/cap were done then just do it all so that you have a maintenance baseline on your new boat

• Like 1
1 hour ago, board2death said:

this is my first summer with the boat would you recommend a fuel system cleaner to clean out those injectors?

What jeep said and a couple of bottles of Sea Foam never hurt anything.

• Like 1
On August 30, 2016 at 2:03 PM, board2death said:

Hey gents i have an 08 wakesetter vlx with the 340 monsoon motor. out on the water last weekend it would occasionally  want to bog down and not accellerate past 2000 rpm when taking off pulling a board, gave me an engine code of cylinder 2 misfire. I havent dug to into the motor yet as i have never serviced a 340 monsoon i assume its probably plug/wire/d-cap related but i was wondering if any of you all have had this issue in the past as well as what the usual culprits are.  - Thanks Dylan

I put 40 gal in the lsv and 24 gal in the Denali and both missed like crazy. I used heet and sea foam. No issues on Sunday try that. Heet in the red bottle